AWD or Not?

390 members have voted

1. 1. AWD or Not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Make it an Option

I would not rather have to deal with the wheel spin that would come from adding the Radix, much less when you start adding more. Adding another $1-2k just to keep proper traction with adding power (a lot), is something I'm glad Idon't have to deal with.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cool: We need to keep our SSS very limited as far as options. I would like to see the same type of run as the impala ss, three years and out. Only a few selection of colors, and all the options. :D Anybody can get a reg silverado and option it to a bigger motor and 2wd, but to me the SS name plate said style and comfort, stright from the factory. :chevy: I like being able to power slide my Impala ss, but knowing that in the rain your SSS is going to go stright and leave most stuff in your rear view is a great feeling. One of the reasons I bought the chevy and NOT the F#@% was the AWD. :cool:

Now I can run over my buddies A4, rain or snow! with a stove and refridgerator in the bed :chevy:

joe

:thumbs:

:withstupid:

I think the AWD is part of what sets it apart from every other high HP truck. And, as always, GM has set us up to expand exponentially on their design, if you get the HP up enough the AWD becomes a valuable part of the truck (not to mention that it saves big on the tire expense)

A push button 2WD - AWD option would be nice for those times you do want to make some smoke, but I think I can live w/o it.

• 2 weeks later...

If you could switch it, it wouldn't be true AWD. It would be on-demand 4WD. I own a 2001 GMC Sierra C3 and absolutely love the AWD. It's better for street use then 4WD and helps a 5000+ lb truck handle like it weighs much less. I've enjoyed it for 2.5 years in all types of conditions and would have a tough time going back to a 2WD.

Dry pavement, rain, dirt, gravel, snow, ice....I'll take the AWD for my daily driver. :thumbs:

:cool: We need to keep our SSS very limited as far as options. I would like to see the same type of run as the impala ss, three years and out. Only a few selection of colors, and all the options. :D Anybody can get a reg silverado and option it to a bigger motor and 2wd, but to me the SS name plate said style and comfort, stright from the factory. :chevy: I like being able to power slide my Impala ss, but knowing that in the rain your SSS is going to go stright and leave most stuff in your rear view is a great feeling. One of the reasons I bought the chevy and NOT the F#@% was the AWD. :cool:

Now I can run over my buddies A4, rain or snow! with a stove and refridgerator in the bed :chevy:

joe

:thumbs:

I completely agree :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived