390 members have voted

1. 1. AWD or Not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Make it an Option

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote to keep the AWD. It was a big pro to me - IMHO it's one of things that separate this truck from others and makes it complete. From the awesome handling to the safety in bad weather to the extra traction pulling the boat out (BenKey, circa 2003). After driving a '90 454SS for 10 years, it's kind of nice to hook up when I hammer it!

Don't get me wrong, I loved that 454SS...Nothing like passing another truck at about 90MPH while pulling my boat on SC HWY11 on my way back from Lake Joccassee...really makes a brother-in-law nervous too!

I vote to keep the AWD. It was a big pro to me - IMHO it's one of things that separate this truck from others and makes it complete. From the awesome handling to the safety in bad weather to the extra traction pulling the boat out (BenKey, circa 2003). After driving a '90 454SS for 10 years, it's kind of nice to hook up when I hammer it!

Don't get me wrong, I loved that 454SS...Nothing like passing another truck at about 90MPH while pulling my boat on SC HWY11 on my way back from Lake Joccassee...really makes a brother-in-law nervous too!

that '90 454 was a heck of a tow truck :D

• 1 month later...
I just bought my ss a week ago and the awd is the reason I bought the ss over the ford hotrods. It will handle the mud and snow I don't have to park it in the winter like I do the vette. It keeps the truck lower than the 4wd trucks, if it performs like I think it will this will be perfect for me. Every one that has seen it loves it..

what he said! :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

:cool: We need to keep our SSS very limited as far as options. I would like to see the same type of run as the impala ss, three years and out. Only a few selection of colors, and all the options. :D Anybody can get a reg silverado and option it to a bigger motor and 2wd, but to me the SS name plate said style and comfort, stright from the factory. :chevy: I like being able to power slide my Impala ss, but knowing that in the rain your SSS is going to go stright and leave most stuff in your rear view is a great feeling. One of the reasons I bought the chevy and NOT the F#@% was the AWD. :cool:

Now I can run over my buddies A4, rain or snow! with a stove and refridgerator in the bed :chevy:

joe

:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived