AWD or Not?

390 members have voted

1. 1. AWD or Not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Make it an Option

I love the AWD in mine. It was so nice the other night to be able to get out of the way quickly in the rain before some moron almost hit me. Before when I had my Z71 I didnt have a locking rear differential. So if I tried to take off even when it was just wet the truck was pretty much worthless. Not to mention it really wakes you up when you are on the interstate in the snow and the back end just kicks out if you are not in 4WD.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds to me like some of you guys should have bought another truck, after all everyone knew that it was AWD when they purchased the thing!! Anyway I love the fact that the SS is AWD ! JMHO :D

As an owner of an 04 silverado with auto 4wd option I can only say from my experience using auto 4wd in the Pennsylvania winters is great. AWD is also great for this time of year BUT thats only 3-4 months. The rest of the year its mostly unused. I really wished it was available as a "switchable unit" 2wd/awd. As far as power goes it seems that GM is leaving the performance end up to the aftermarket. I wish GM was still car/truck people making car/truck decisions. Pay attention GM. We're telling you how to sell MORE products!

:flag:

My trailblazer had the AWD that only kicked in when the rear wheels slipped.

Good feature, except when the rear end slips in the rain on the PA turnpike at 65-70 MPH. It's over, no matter how quick power is sent to the front wheels.

I purchased my Silverado SS for two main reasons: power and full time AWD. Rain or shine this system is much more safe and gives this

owner confidence and peace of mind going into those curves! :thumbs:

• 3 years later...

I think they should make it an option. I love my AWD now that I have the radix. Before the extra power I think I would have perfered 2wd. The AWD comes to life once you put a s/c on. Best thing on my truck, after the radix.

• 2 weeks later...
From what i've been hearing, the AWD is one of the most debatable features that will be placed on the SilveradoSS.

So, what do you people think? Leave it, ditch it, or make it a selectable option? smile.gif

Leave it! It was one of the main reasons that I purchased an SS. :driving:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived