• No
    • Make it an Option

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I just bought my ss a week ago and the awd is the reason I bought the ss over the ford hotrods. It will handle the mud and snow I don't have to park it in the winter like I do the vette. It keeps the truck lower than the 4wd trucks, if it performs like I think it will this will be perfect for me. Every one that has seen it loves it..

I just bought my ss a week ago and the awd is the reason I bought the ss over the ford hotrods. It will handle the mud and snow I don't have to park it in the winter like I do the vette. It keeps the truck lower than the 4wd trucks, if it performs like I think it will this will be perfect for me. Every one that has seen it loves it..

Some of the same reasons that convinced me on the SS :thumbs:

AWD is what sold me on this truck. I have been driving a 2wd modified S-10 for 7 years. Yes it is fun to slide the rear out on every corner, but traction is what makes you go fast. No traction, no go fast! The SS is the first truck I have had that can do everything. The best is to come to a stop where you have to turn. Just mash the throttle and then turn! In the S-10, you had to straighten the truck before you applyed power.

I live around a lot of dirt roads, grass and snow. The truck is used to hall firewood, hay trailers, tow airplanes, and go FAST. not having to think about shifting into 4WD is worth a lot. I would say I use the AWD over 50% of the time.

Just my humble opinion

Archived