V-Max Mods

I am surprised how long winded my 07 new body style V-Max with 3.73 gears feels. The truck really doesn't come on till 4000 RPM's, I would think it should have more low end grunt with the 6.0 HP. Is Tq Mgmt holding the power down, or is it a timing? This thing winds up like a two stroke dirt bike with a power valve.

yup, I drove an 06 max and it had a little more low end then my 07 Max. You might try swapping the 3.73 for the 4.10. I have the 4.10 rear end which makes for a better pull out of the whole, but I agree the power band comes on pretty strong around 4k.

Matt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it alot. It lopes pretty good, and it really came alive after the heads were done and pacesetters installed. It did like 383rwhp cam & heads, so that's not too bad.

Damn skippy, not bad at all! That might be my Christmas, we'll see. Who did your head work? Just a P&P job or did you 5 angle the valves too?

texas speed did them. 5 angle and p&p. Talk to Jason he's a good guy to work with. Very helpful, I've bought virtually all my stuff through them. He's also tuned my truck three or four times.

I like it alot. It lopes pretty good, and it really came alive after the heads were done and pacesetters installed. It did like 383rwhp cam & heads, so that's not too bad.

is that 383 w/ or w/o that Radix?

with out radix. 470hp/490tq with radix 5lbs boost. I ordered new injectors and I'm going to try and convert to retrun style fuel system and run a 2.75 pulley for some more boost.

Let’s see, everything I’ve done so far has been cosmetics. I pulled all badges off of the truck. Shaved the tailgate handle (relocated inside). Matching door handles from a Tahoe. For sounds I added a Kicker L7 10” sub and my old trusty Kicker 600 watt amp to push it. XM has also been added for my listening pleasures.

Things that will be come to it soon are for performance gains. I’ve just finished installing the Airaid this morning. My Dynatech SuperMaxx headers are sitting in the garage. Waiting on a cam, don’t know what to go with. Been reading the posts about cams and talking with a couple of guys here locally to figure out the right cam for what I’m looking for.

I’m also wanting to do a 2” 3” drop on her to get the stance right.

• 1 month later...

Newbie... Bought(1 year ago) 06 v-max 4x4 lt3 ext cab. added domminator2 step bars, brake controller, air bags,torsion lift(no keys),cat back dual flowmaster side/rear exit,k&n & spray in. Inside window tint and full sterio sys pioneer N3 w/ xm/navtraffic 2-12' all Jl. Cant wait to get a supercharger (magna/whipple) for towing and 1320

Just wondering if anybody out there has done any mods to their V-Max yet? What have you done? Would you recommend it? Was it woth it? etc. etc....

I haven't done anything to my 06 V-Max yet, still getting through the break-in period banghead.gif , but I can't wait to get my hands on her thumb.gif . Thanks for any and all input

i have a 07 gmc classic performance edition v-maxwell i have long tube headers must get... custom tune.. did big differance..k&n intake.. ngk-TR6s..msd wires.. 3.73 gears from fac...4.10 are going to be in there soon. tires general graber good tire.. trying to find parts for my transmmison after i get my trany going getting a turbo...... hope that helps

• 1 month later...
I've had my truck a total of 3 days. 07 nbs vmax. About the only mod is a better car wash than the dealership did.

Tell me about it. When I bought my 06 the GMC dealerer did a terrible wash on it. You would think they would of done a better job. I remember when I first bought my 02 s10 the chevy dealer washed it and waxed it and gave me some free carwash coupons.

What are some retailers and what are all my options for a full long tube header exhaust system to the tips?

I cannot find any long tubes for the 07 either. I have the cosa sport catback(which I love) but I am sure some long tubes would definitely add some pull. Somebody out there surely knows!