2004 VHO here.

Radix

B&B exhaust

SS insrument cluster

Escalade door handles

Added power folding mirrors with body color mirror caps

Denali dash trim ring

Buick Rainer Black wood steering wheel

Headrest from Intimadator SS truck with the D Earnhardt logos.

Took all the trim molding off the sides of truck including LS badges. I left the VHO emblems on it with one added to the tailgate.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing yet '06 gmc crew cab 2wd v-max. thinking about not much of anything. i just did all that modding with the goat and kinda modded out. if anything a tune ohh and steps since i didn't get them at the dealer. i wanted wheel to wheel old style diamond plate.

• 7 months later...

My 06 Max 4x4 1500 has, 18" rims 285 inch Grapler tires AT, leveling kit, Hard cover, K@N 63 series kit, Jet stage 2 module, Gibson cat back exaust, 180 stat, and still looking into performance wires (cheap) and headers (not cheap). What kind of aftermarket wires do you all use?

07, 20 gm wheels, gm side steps, gm tonneau cover and bedliner, window tints, side window vents.

waiting for pcmforless tune. K&N dropin. Already have 4;10 s. No exhaust, had FM on my SS and I m looking for a quieter ride. Considering a SC.

Diamond Clear Euro Head and Running Lights From APC - Truck Master Design ABS Air Dam - Big Month Grill Kit From Precision - TRex Polished Billet Aluminum Air Dam Tow Hooks Insert 25100 - Euro Clear Tail And LED Brake Light - Street Scene Cal-VU Sport Mirrors - GM Chrome Door Handles With Body Painted Back Caps - Sir Michael's Steel Roll Pan Welded And Molded - Precision Flip-up Licence Plate - Sir Michael's Roll Pan Hitch Class III - Fabtech Bed Angled Spare Tire Mount - Tailgate Handle and Top Cap Shaved.

Python 2-Way Security And Remote Start System With Responder Technology (PYTHON881XP).

OEM Chevy Silverado Instrument Panel Bezel (GM17802029) And Center Dash Console Bezel (GM12499984) In Brushed Aluminum - White SS Gauge Cluster CPO1008 from Factory Performance Products - Custom Plush Lloyd Carpet Floor Mats Black With Silver Trim And Silverado Stamp On Front And Rear Mats With A Set Of Lloyd Clear Overlay Mats.

Flowmaster True Duel 40s Dumped Over The Rear End.

Airaid Cold Air Intake System

• 3 weeks later...

I am surprised how long winded my 07 new body style V-Max with 3.73 gears feels. The truck really doesn't come on till 4000 RPM's, I would think it should have more low end grunt with the 6.0 HP. Is Tq Mgmt holding the power down, or is it a timing? This thing winds up like a two stroke dirt bike with a power valve.

I am surprised how long winded my 07 new body style V-Max with 3.73 gears feels. The truck really doesn't come on till 4000 RPM's, I would think it should have more low end grunt with the 6.0 HP. Is Tq Mgmt holding the power down, or is it a timing? This thing winds up like a two stroke dirt bike with a power valve.

The torque curve on the new engine is not as beefy as the LQ9. The new engine develops more HP on the top end, but does not have as much low end and midrange grunt. Some of what you are feeling is most likely torque management, but the HP develops higher in the RPM range with the new motor, which is why it feels like a two stroke dirt bike. Removing TM won't change where the HP is developed, but it might give it more low end. GM has quite a bit of TM off the line, during the first four seconds of full throttle, and between shifts.

Mike