NEW TRANNY COMING

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my tranny in :pop: . Came in its own self contained plastic crate :thumbs: . It comes with a blow-off T for supercharged and turbo engines. Getting it installed thurs. and I will get pic of install and tranny. Its been to long without my ride.

Maybe you have that "T" theory wrong. The FLP transmission is vacuum controlled, whereas the stock 4L65E is controlled via the PCM. On a naturally aspirated setup, you have vacuum pressure at most throttle positions until WOT. THis vacuum comes from the intake manifold. The transmission adjusts shift pressure according to vac pressure. Under boosted applications, vacuum pressure isn't quite the same, as the intake manifold is pressurised under throttle instead of having vacuum. That "T" is to stop boost pressure from flowing to the transmission. Its not designed to "blow it out under the hood" with boost.

My last FLP came on a wooden crate wrapped in trash bags and plastic straps.

Maybe you have that "T" theory wrong. The FLP transmission is vacuum controlled, whereas the stock 4L65E is controlled via the PCM. On a naturally aspirated setup, you have vacuum pressure at most throttle positions until WOT. THis vacuum comes from the intake manifold. The transmission adjusts shift pressure according to vac pressure. Under boosted applications, vacuum pressure isn't quite the same, as the intake manifold is pressurised under throttle instead of having vacuum. That "T" is to stop boost pressure from flowing to the transmission. Its not designed to "blow it out under the hood" with boost.

:withstupid:

Setti, make sure you get this straight before the install. I would hate to see it messed up after we've waited this long to see it's performance! :cheers:

Big Tex

You are right. I had the instructions confused as to direction of T. It does not explain well. It says to face the orfice side to manifold and blowoff side to modulater. This causes boost to blow out T under boost, but can let tranny pressure build. Switched the T around so no tranny pressure will build but come out check valve. Made a phone call before install. Close one.

Thank You gentlemen

On supercharged engines you have boost in vacum lines that are bad for these vacum operated shift trannys. The blow off T has a check valve that blows it out under the hood.

Big Tex

You are right. I had the instructions confused as to direction of T. It does not explain well. It says to face the orfice side to manifold and blowoff side to modulater. This causes boost to blow out T under boost, but can let tranny pressure build. Switched the T around so no tranny pressure will build but come out check valve. Made a phone call before install. Close one.

Thank You gentlemen

Dang guys you messed up my hair with them there fly-bys you just whooshed by with… :confused: ... :D

Setti:

So how much power can your new tranny hold now??

Finally got tranny installed and time to post. This is the case these trannys come in

35998650.jpg

A close up of decals on case

35998634.jpg

This bad boy strapped down in case, and time to install

35998606.jpg

O here are my c2 cobalt gauges

36223234.jpg

Drive shaft out (lite as a feather) nice

35998569.jpg

transfer case front shaft out

35998531.jpg

transfer case

36062239.jpg

36062250.jpg

tranny coming out

35998498.jpg

tranny installed

36061827.jpg

Have 89 miles on. Chuck said to put 200 miles on with plenty of shift cycles. Truck drives great, got to get use to driving this tranny. It will downshift fast and shifts quick. with converter this combo is quick. I will not let anyone drive this. If you even stab the throttle lightly the truck leaps out hard.even with the 23's.

Today had a L pull up beside me, I did not think he wanted to race but he stepped on it before me, but I just planted the pedal and wow. Pulled on him hard he was in shock. Got to like awd that hooks up at 3200. I cannot wait to put the stock tires on and I'll try be good will breaking this in.

Will post more pics only could post 10?

Archived