NEW TRANNY COMING

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Setti, :cool: way to go man! :thumbs:

I think our local troll Bomtech wants to race you with his Harley F-150 now. He has been waiting for a close match up with his outrageously fast $500 modded low 13 sec Ford…major pun implied… :crazy:

You spotted him too, huh? :smash:

I spotted the troll a long time ago actually. ;) Nothing to add to the forum except “My ford is bigger than yours” :rolleyes: I have said it all along the only thing GM didn’t do was add a SC from the factory, some people just can’t seem to get the concept of N/A and SC right… :sleep:

Maybe I should have started a new thread....but....

Doing a search through the internet, you can find that there is a lot of stuff out there for transmissions. There are a number of companies that offer the same type of thing as FLP with trannys rated at over 600ft lbs for about the same price. There are complete rebuild kits that are really cheap, comparatively, that if you wanted to try and do yourself. Can't leave out that option. And, most of the trannys out there come with whatever TC you want, can't remember if this one did, or if it was extra. There is just a lot out there, even a level 10 rebuild kit - whatever that means.

So my questions are, what makes FLP so special? Is it just their presence and reputation among the LS1 crowd? Is it because Parish8 uses them and that's enough? How come on their website, they don't list everything you're getting for your money that makes their tranny better over your stock? All the other sites do. Is it because they're using a lot of your stock parts, as has been discussed?

Can somebody tell me the diff between level whatever and level whatever? I know that one can handle more torque/hp, but what makes that so?

I'm not trying to take away anything from FLP, just want to know what separates them from any other company.

I spotted the troll a long time ago actually. ;) Nothing to add to the forum except “My ford is bigger than yours” :rolleyes: I have said it all along the only thing GM didn’t do was add a SC from the factory, some people just can’t seem to get the concept of N/A and SC right… :sleep:

You're right. I think if I had started out with what I have now....I could get away with a few "cheap" (toungue-in-cheek) mods to get me in the low 13's also. So it cost me $5k? I'll take it as that's what it cost me for my AWD. :D

Maybe I should have started a new thread....but....

Doing a search through the internet, you can find that there is a lot of stuff out there for transmissions. There are a number of companies that offer the same type of thing as FLP with trannys rated at over 600ft lbs for about the same price. There are complete rebuild kits that are really cheap, comparatively, that if you wanted to try and do yourself. Can't leave out that option. And, most of the trannys out there come with whatever TC you want, can't remember if this one did, or if it was extra. There is just a lot out there, even a level 10 rebuild kit - whatever that means.

So my questions are, what makes FLP so special? Is it just their presence and reputation among the LS1 crowd? Is it because Parish8 uses them and that's enough? How come on their website, they don't list everything you're getting for your money that makes their tranny better over your stock? All the other sites do. Is it because they're using a lot of your stock parts, as has been discussed?

Can somebody tell me the diff between level whatever and level whatever? I know that one can handle more torque/hp, but what makes that so?

I'm not trying to take away anything from FLP, just want to know what separates them from any other company.

I think what makes FLP the goto guys in the Auto world was their sucsess w/ the 4L60E's. They were one of the first to make them hold and stay together. Now that doesn't mean they people still don't shuck out FLP tranny's, because it still happens. :(

The last few years has brought some good compitition for FLP, and the breed in general. Yank and Speed Inc. also make some good 4L60E's. And then theirs favorites. Go read the Auto section of LS1Tech for some heated discusions on who's tranny is better. :crazy:

And then theirs favorites. Go read the Auto section of LS1Tech for some heated discusions on who's tranny is better. :crazy:

I'm sure that's fun to read.......not. :D Anybody out there with some major miles, say 40-50k miles on them? And taking them to the track?

And then theirs favorites.  Go read the Auto section of LS1Tech for some heated discusions on who's tranny is better.  :crazy:

I'm sure that's fun to read.......not. :D Anybody out there with some major miles, say 40-50k miles on them? And taking them to the track?

Well, 40-50k, we won't find hear, for sure. Probably not hardly any where. :jester:

Most anyone I heard that buys upgraded 4L60E's are track puppies. I'm sure many are everyday vehicles too, but lifetimes are scewed because of the racing habits. ;)

i wondered the same thing about the flp transmissions. i don't even like the idea of the vacuum controlled shifting. i feel there should have just been more time working on the shift programming than eliminating the pcm shifting. i've always felt the bigger names were art carr, level 10, and pro-built. i only learned of rossler a couple years ago and if i recall correctly they have the fastest 4L60E pass as well as some kick ass credentials. that's not taking anything away from flp either, i just haven't found what put's them at the top of this list. :shakehead:

Archived