NEW TRANNY COMING

I could not take it anymore I broke down and ordered a 4L6OE level 4 tranny (custom built for stock or modded SS's- 4L65E specs.) off of Chuck at FINISH LINE PERFORMANCE.

He is going to build me one and ship it out by thur. Should get it by mon .or tues. and installed by thur. Will send mine back after install for core rebate.:pop:

The tranny is vacumn modulated (pressure)operated, still does shift by computer and can be edited LS1. Chuck said just T in a vacumn line. Tranny should handle well over 500ftlb. :cheers:

After hearing the mods he does to these trannies. It sounds like what the doctor ordered for my disease. :crazy:

Broken tranny blues.

Edit: Oct. 8th Must send back tranny per Chuck to cover the cost of these tranny's

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could not take it anymore I broke down and ordered a 4L6OE level 4 tranny (custom built for stock or modded SS's- 4L65E specs.) off of Chuck at FINISH LINE PERFORMANCE.

He is going to build me one and ship it out by thur. Should get it by mon .or tues. and installed by thur. Will send mine back after install for core rebate.:pop:

The tranny is vacumn operated. Chuck said just T in a vacumn line. Tranny should handle well over 500ftlb. :cheers:

After hearing the mods he does to these trannies. It sounds like what the doctor ordered for my disease. :crazy:

Broken tranny blues.

What do they charge for one of those?

Around 2k I believe, but only Setti know's for sure :jester:

The vac mod is a nice touch. I was talking to Chuck a few weeks back, looks like you beat me to him. He built MN C5's tranny too. Nice thing about AWD and 4WD racers, is Chuck's finding new weaknesses that the Corvette and Fbody's haven't :eek:

Setti - here is a little tip:

Buy a burned up used 4L60 for the core to send to FLP. Chuck is going to completely reconfigure the trans anyway. Then take you like new 4L65E trans and sell it to offset the cost of the FLP. I sold a like new 65E a few months back for $1200 no questions asked. Worst case, I think FLPs core charge is only $600.

You'll be happy with the FLP trans. It will work well and the vacuum controlled shifts are firm.

here's something else you haven't done

OMG, there's actually something Sheldon hasn't done to that mo'cheen? Wow. Mark this date down in your calender. This is a little like Dave actually waxing his. I didn't think it was possible. :jester:

I am humbled and ashamed--very lax in my irresponsible duties. On the brighter side, I took a quick trip to SLP in Toms River, NJ last weekend to trailer home my brother's 427 stroker Camaro SS. Lots of ideas garnered there.

What to do, what to do? ;)

BigTex

Thank for the tip. I think I might Keep my tranny.

I will sell it or hold onto it might even fix it (flp). It still needs a 3-4 clutch pack.

The price of this tranny( level 5)is around 1895. for SS owners,with the 10 % off in oct.

That is with core exchange.

one trans issue i doubt anyone here has seen yet, but was found on the lingenfelter awd sonoma was the truck launched so hard all the fluid ran to the back of the trans on the launch causing air pockets in the pump and of course a failure. last i knew that was all that was keeping it from running 9's. rossler as i recall did the trans in that and the corvette that ran 8.95.

Archived