2008 silverado pics

hey guys, i've been off this site for a while now. so when is this new silverado coming out? are the 07 models still gonna be the same as ours or is it a re-do? if they're coming out with a new truck, then i'll sell mines now and get the new. if not i'll keep it around till they do. don't want my truck to suddenly look outdated. i just assumed that a new truck was around the corner with the new tahoe and avalanche already out. any info is greatly appreciated!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yo... this chop make those fender flares look kinda good :cheers:

08singlecab.jpg

Man nothing could make those flares look good :banghead: I guess I'm going to have to buy an early 07 model if I want to replace my diesel truck. If this model looks this bad, what will the next gen look like :confused:

quote=StealthSS,Jun 13 2006, 12:36 AM]

Wow this is disappointing. After a 99 GMC sierra, a 2002 Silverado, and now a 2003 SSS I cant believe they would make this change after only 4 years of body styling. Terrible decision on body styling. After the Camaro, and the new Tahoe/Sub combo It was looking good for GM, now i dont what to think...

I reckon Im as die-hard a GM fan as possible, but this truck is gonna give me nightmares.

Im definitely a player on a Camaro, but will now also look at the new GT500, and the Challenger.

Msg to Chevy:

Shame on you!

I know what you mean about being a die hard fan. I've owned 1 Chevy Blazer ('96) 3 Chevy trucks ('00 Z71, '03 SS, '04 4x4) and 4 Corvettes ('74, '75, '01 Z06, '06 Z06). I will definatley not buy this thing. Car-like... if I wanted that I'd buy a damn CAR! And a roof rack is a HORRIBLE idea :mad:

Edited by gabbett1 (see edit history)

If anyone has the chance to pick up a copy of motor trend or atleast take a look at it while at the store it has pictures of all the new models of the silverado/sierra that will be introduced late 2007. I still personally dont like the look at all...here is a link to the forum of cheers and geers where a memeber has scanned the article...For some reason I cant post pictures on this thread...

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...showtopic=10523

The sierra is much easier on the eyes than the silverado

enjoy

Damn it seems nobody likes the new bodystyle except me. Granted, its a departure from the general body lines that were used to from a chevy truck for the last several years, but I think after time it will grow on people. And rumor has it that when the silverado SS DOES return for the GMT 900's (im not sure when it will) that GM has something "special" set aside for it(LS7? Supercharged LS2?") Last I knew production for the GMT 900 Silverado was supposed to start in October of THIS year, so i dont know why everyones calling this an 08 if its coming out in a few months.......

Damn it seems nobody likes the new bodystyle except me. Granted, its a departure from the general body lines that were used to from a chevy truck for the last several years, but I think after time it will grow on people.  And rumor has it that when the silverado SS DOES return for the GMT 900's (im not sure when it will) that GM has something "special" set aside for it(LS7? Supercharged LS2?") Last I knew production for the GMT 900 Silverado was supposed to start in October of THIS year, so i dont know why everyones calling this an 08 if its coming out in a few months.......

According to Motor Trend the largest motor that will find it self in the truck is the new 6.2 L 380hp/400lb-ft

Even if that makes it in the new SSS I still couldnt see myself trading the current body style in for the new chevy body style...

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty impressed with the GMC pickup.... unfortunately still fairly dissappointed with the Chevy. The fact that the X-doors open up all the way makes it much more user friendly than our trucks.

Here are more links to current pics. http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/gm/gms-new-tr...-cab-191645.php although the interior is nice http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2007/chevrolet/079003.html

Edited by oscareltemblo (see edit history)