2008 silverado pics

Ok.. someone put that Colorado on a diet!

Man I really reaaaaaaaally am not liking what I am seeing here. I hope GM figures this out right away.

Our bodystle IMO is one of the sharpest ones to date..

I really really hope this is a bad dream

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is disappointing. After a 99 GMC sierra, a 2002 Silverado, and now a 2003 SSS I cant believe they would make this change after only 4 years of body styling. Terrible decision on body styling. After the Camaro, and the new Tahoe/Sub combo It was looking good for GM, now i dont what to think...

Wow this is disappointing.  After a 99 GMC sierra, a 2002 Silverado, and now a 2003 SSS I cant believe they would make this change after only 4 years of body styling.  Terrible decision on body styling.  After the Camaro, and the new Tahoe/Sub combo It was looking good for GM, now i dont what to think...

I reckon Im as die-hard a GM fan as possible, but this truck is gonna give me nightmares.

Im definitely a player on a Camaro, but will now also look at the new GT500, and the Challenger.

Msg to Chevy:

Shame on you!

Edited by StealthSS (see edit history)

:puke: What happened to that truck? So many things just don't look right. What's the deal with the back bumper? Half chrome, half black. Front end is all messed up. No Tahoe look just a big fat front and rear. The truck looks like it needs to go on a diet. A luggage rack on a truck :wtf: . Glad I'm going tp payoff my ss and keep it...forever. Guess my next vehicle will have to be a new vette. Can't imagine what the SS version will look like. Probably weigh 7,000 lbs and have a LS2 in it. It'll need it just to get around. Maybe it will grow on me but who knows. :dunno:

Some of us at GM tried very hard to steer the look of the truck toward a clean and simple design that would look good lifted, lowered, or stock. If you read the link to article that went with these pictures, they say they are surprised it doesn't look like the Cheyenne concept, which clearly influenced the Tahoe/Yukon and is a more integrated design:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiast...178.A10525.html

The design team that penned the '08 Silverado wanted an "HD" feel to the 1500 (light duty trucks) this time around. I can say that even if you are not a fan of the Chevy, the GMC is cleaner and might be better suited to lowering and whatnot.

And....there's always the Avalanche, which is cleaned up and looks pretty darned good this year.

Edited by ledfoot (see edit history)