Cam and valve spring install

BenKey

Richard, should have gotten yesterday, but Magnason screwed up and sent to Tbyrne instead of me. Tbyrne says it should be here by Friday, they turned it around yesterday. I got tracking numbers last night, but haven't checked on it yet to see when they predict arrival. Hopefully, I will see it Friday. I'm ready to put that thing on. Should be REALLY easy compared to the cam swap out.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been debating adding a nitrous kit. I came up with the idea of relocating the factory battery behind the bumper and then place the bottle where the battery used to be. No sure on this idea yet.

just move it to where they put the dual battery, on the passaners side :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Is the cam clip still around? It doesn't seem to work anymore.

I'm a little surprised at the SLIGHT cammed-engine-like-noise the stock engines produced at idle, when you stick your head under the hood. You can hear each cylinder's exhaust stroke pretty well.

I'm really leaning towards tossing this cam in, in the spring.

Ben, where did you get your springs? I am shopping around to find the best prices. I may just go with the whole valve train upgrade kit that comes with the springs. Just trying to be cheap about it, pinching pennies and putting them toward that 50 shot. :D

Eric, try here. Pretty good prices. If Tbyrne sells, he may be able to beat if he does a match +10%, but not sure if he does.

I'd get the 918 springs and the chromemoly rods.

Thunder Racing

Just curious, how much boost did you say you were getting? Max level you have seen?

My boost gauge shows a max of about 6. Of course that is going to change with the new pulley I ordered toda

Here is the kit I was looking at. More than $100 bucks more than the other one.

Texas Speed and Performance Kits

This is a good site by the way. I think they sell the heads you got on the site.

My boost gauge shows a max of about 6. Of course that is going to change with the new pulley I ordered toda

Here is the kit I was looking at. More than $100 bucks more than the other one.

Texas Speed and Performance Kits

This is a good site by the way. I think they sell the heads you got on the site.

Were you just looking at the valve train upgrade kit p/n 4-54100? More?

Ben-

I'd LOVE to hear how the cam sounds in the 6-liter.

If you could toss it back up for half a day or so, or forward it to my email, I'd greatly appreciate it. ( [email protected] )

THANKS!

Here it is again:

cam sound

You may have to play a couple of times. It's pretty mild, but you can hear it.

Were you just looking at the valve train upgrade kit p/n 4-54100?  More?

Yep 54100. Here is the link to both kits on that site.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom.

valve-train kits

Yep, same one I saw. You could just get the 918 springs and that'd be it. Only thing you "really" need. $170 is a lot better than $450. I'd get the springs and hardened rods and that'd be it. That would run about $280. Plan on doing a head upgrade any time in the future?

Archived