How-to Mod your stock box for ram-air

detjoe

• 2 months later...

Hey, Imposterss hooked me up with another set of decals, maybe he can help you... PM him maybe?

g/l, I plan on doing something similar to this but with a black tough drier vent material. may be ghetto, but it'll save me a bunch o' $. I'll mos-def seal off the stock inlets in the airbox. Can you post hoe the testing went with tape on- tape off etc...

• 4 months later...

Nice wright up.I don't know if you built this for the cold air affect or ram/air pressure affect or both.The ram air part doesn't really show up till over 100 MPH.Great for a fast car that can get to 100 before half track but may not help much on slower trucks.As far as the cold air effect it should help and would work even better when tuned for that air.The 68-69 Oldsmobile 442s W30s picked their air up under the bumper which is probably closer to the ground then our trucks.Unless you are going for cowl induction then you really don't have much of a choice.Maybe some kind or scoop behind the grill.Pulling your headlight would probably be your best spot.The other part to consider is pulling all that air up a long hose before you get the pressure up.This might hurt you on the bottom were it's most important to your ET.I haven't had my truck long enough to study the stock air box.I think opening up the stock entrance hole to the outside would be were I would be looking for more power.I would never say don't bother trying it just because we have not heard any big gains from anyone else,but it is something to also consider.Most of the Vette and F Body guys just place their open filter in the front behind the grill with no shroud.I would love to hear you did get some positive results.Has anyone got any actual numbers on a before and after cold air kit at the track?

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)