last shot with the 4L65E....

I would highly consider going to vette servo's. and stay away from synthetic fluids. I would say the main reason you are breaking things is because its shifting way too hard. I know mine shifts no where near as hard as it used to and i dont think i lost any 1/4" mile times making it shift softer either.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would highly consider going to vette servo's. and stay away from synthetic fluids.  I would say the main reason you are breaking things is because its shifting way too hard.  I know mine shifts no where near as hard as it used to and i dont think i lost any 1/4" mile times making it shift softer either.

:dunno: I was under the impression that the tranny would shift softer running synthetic fluid?

Mr. P. :)

I would highly consider going to vette servo's. and stay away from synthetic fluids.   I would say the main reason you are breaking things is because its shifting way too hard.  I know mine shifts no where near as hard as it used to and i dont think i lost any 1/4" mile times making it shift softer either.

:dunno: I was under the impression that the tranny would shift softer running synthetic fluid?

i though using type f fluid or a high performance fluid( raptor blood , etc) made the clutches grab better also?

I would highly consider going to vette servo's. and stay away from synthetic fluids.   I would say the main reason you are breaking things is because its shifting way too hard.  I know mine shifts no where near as hard as it used to and i dont think i lost any 1/4" mile times making it shift softer either.

well it depends on which synthetics you use. I have talked to a few tranny builders and they all told me that on higher hp engines the synthetic will make the clutches more slippery which will lead to tranny slip and possiable clutch failure. On stock motors i would think it would be fine. The tranny builder i last used told me to only run dextron III because it allows the clutches to slip and grip at the right amount. He also said to keep the fluid changed regularly and it will be fine.

well it depends on which synthetics you use.  I have talked to a few tranny builders and they all told me that on higher hp engines the synthetic will make the clutches more slippery which will lead to tranny slip and possiable clutch failure. On stock motors i would think it would be fine.  The tranny builder i last used told me to only run dextron III because it allows the clutches to slip and grip at the right amount.  He also said to keep the fluid changed regularly and it will be fine.

Yeah I hear you. I used Mobil1 ATF this last time, it is showing its age now and it's given a year's service. At that price I could afford to refill with fresh Dexron every 6-8 months. Decisions, decisions...

well it depends on which synthetics you use.  I have talked to a few tranny builders and they all told me that on higher hp engines the synthetic will make the clutches more slippery which will lead to tranny slip and possiable clutch failure. On stock motors i would think it would be fine.  The tranny builder i last used told me to only run dextron III because it allows the clutches to slip and grip at the right amount.  He also said to keep the fluid changed regularly and it will be fine.

Factory fill on my 06 is DEXRON-VI, Thoughts?????

then thats what i would use in it :thumbs:

then thats what i would use in it :thumbs:

I meant for the high power guys, sorry.

I would highly consider going to vette servo's. and stay away from synthetic fluids.  I would say the main reason you are breaking things is because its shifting way too hard.  I know mine shifts no where near as hard as it used to and i dont think i lost any 1/4" mile times making it shift softer either.

I think you copied that from post #11 :P

If I had a lot of power going through my tranny and had a shift kit and no torque management left in it, then there is no way I'd be using factory fluids, unless it was f-type.

Synthetics dissapate heat well, but also cause a lot of heat. I'd be looking at BTE, Raptor Blood, or Amsoil super shift. BTE claims a huge temp drop from just using that fluid. I use it, didn't see a drop, but also have never seen my tranny getting over 170*, even pulling my boat in 85* weather.

Those fluids are expensive, but to me it's worth it since it is not designed to handle the kind of power I am making. The tranny that is....so I personally want to do ALL I can to help it live. So far, so good.

BenKey - I wish i could... i just dont have that kind of time as it stands right now... if this one fails, you can bet your bottom dollar ill be all over the 80 swap... even if it means losing a few ponies to the wheels...

Mr.P - THANK YOU!!! thank you.... :thumbs: