why is this happening

texascody

Ok my truck has done this a few times to me but now its getting to be consistant every time i turn off my truck and trun it back on the raido resets the time back to 12:00 the presets are still just the time goes funny, i still have the factory raido and everything. any ideas :confused:

Ok my truck has done this a few times to me but now its getting to be consistant every time i turn off my truck and trun it back on the raido resets the time back to 12:00 the presets are still just the time goes funny, i still have the factory raido and everything.  any ideas :confused:

Loss of voltage when cranking over the engine - weak battery, or loose battery connections? I had a similar problem when I first got my truck, turned out to be the lead on the neg batt post was finger loose.

Mr. P. :)

Ok my truck has done this a few times to me but now its getting to be consistant every time i turn off my truck and trun it back on the raido resets the time back to 12:00 the presets are still just the time goes funny, i still have the factory raido and everything.  any ideas :confused:

Loss of voltage when cranking over the engine - weak battery, or loose battery connections? I had a similar problem when I first got my truck, turned out to be the lead on the neg batt post was finger loose.

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid: I had the same thing happen, the terminal on the battery wasnt tight enough and it would either reset the clock or sometime when i would crank it over, it would just shut everything off for about 30 seconds, then finally start, once i tightened the terminal up it cleared it up, it got worse overtime cause it kept loosening it untill i figured out what was going on