'04 VHO worth the $$ ?

Orange Crush

What's up everyone? I've been looking around the site for a few months, but this is my first post. I've got an '04 VHO Silverado LS in my garage on the overnite test drive. Here's the rundown on the equpment:

White ext w/ charcoal cloth int

console between front seats

power driver's seat

OnStar and XM w/Bose system

Steering wheel controls

Dual zone auto climate control

Rear Defogger

27,000 miles

The truck is very clean inside and out, and is a GM Certified Used vehicle. The air blows cold, cruise control maintains speed, and the power windows work well. It ran strong and there are no noticeable noises or vibrations when accelerating or stopping. The truck would be replacing a '97 Z24 Cavalier with 137,xxx miles, so I really want this truck!

For those who know these trucks better than me, is it worth the price of $21,600? They started over $24K, which I knew was on the high side. With what they will give me for my trade, the payment would be in my range. Any opinions, or questions, would be greatly appreciated. It's great that there is a place for these awesome trucks! Thanks guys.

Heath

What's up everyone?  I've been looking around the site for a few months, but this is my first post.  I've got an '04 VHO Silverado LS in my garage on the overnite test drive.  Here's the rundown on the equpment:

White ext w/ charcoal cloth int

console between front seats

power driver's seat

OnStar and XM w/Bose system

Steering wheel controls

Dual zone auto climate control

Rear Defogger

27,000 miles

The truck is very clean inside and out, and is a GM Certified Used vehicle.  The air blows cold, cruise control maintains speed, and the power windows work well.  It ran strong and there are no noticeable noises or vibrations when accelerating or stopping.  The truck would be replacing a '97 Z24 Cavalier with 137,xxx miles, so I really want this truck!

For those who know these trucks better than me, is it worth the price of $21,600?  They started over $24K, which I knew was on the high side.  With what they will give me for my trade, the payment would be in my range.  Any opinions, or questions, would be greatly appreciated.  It's great that there is a place for these awesome trucks!  Thanks guys.

Heath

I would have to say 21,600 sounds like a very fair price if it is in any kind of decent shape. I got mine new out the door with everything yours has plus leather and heated seats for $37,500

do it you wont be dissapointed my VHO is exactaly the same but with 36 more miles and im not dissapointed just the side effects of heavy foot and the need to race every truck you see take a while to get over but trust me you wont be dissapointed :cheers: oooo and we want pics :nono:

With the rarity of the 04' models, there is also some value there. The 04' also had 4 wheel disc brakes over the 05' and newer disc/drum setup. They don't stop as well as the newer one's, but the rear disc brakes look better through the wheel opening.

That's great to hear :chevy: Those are nice trucks, Jethro_3 (Austin TX) has one exactly like what you describe and with a couple subtle exterior touches it looks fantastic in the flesh. Make sure you get all potential warranty issues taken care of ASAP, make sure the rear windows aren't leaking air! And welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

That's great to hear  :chevy:  Those are nice trucks, Jethro_3 (Austin TX) has one exactly like what you describe and with a couple subtle exterior touches it looks fantastic in the flesh.  Make sure you get all potential warranty issues taken care of ASAP, make sure the rear windows aren't leaking air!  And welcome to the forum  :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Jethro isn't the only one!! :D

Congrats man, mine is an '04, white as well. Rumors of less than 1,000 made.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...