160 thermostat

i just took my 160 out.  i got an 03 as well if you wanna buy it.  PM me.

why did you take it out??? I know it is not that big of a deal but to remove mods always makes me wonder :confused:

I got mine form summit and it was the correct one, fast shipping too or you could experiment with drilling the stock one, but that could be a PITA

when I was dynoing the limiting factor was the temps we were getting and I could imagine it would have been worse w/o the lower tstat.

well, i did some searching around and found autozone has one called a "valuecraft". they can have it for me by tomorrow and its $31.99. i really wanted to fine one today, but i guess i can wait until tomorrow. i'm assuming the $50 one from tbyrne is the exact same thing right? he dosn't list a brand name on the website. i can't imagine there is a big quality difference...a thermostat is a thermostat righ?

haynss, why did you take yours out? were you having problems or something?

detjoe, do you have the part number for the one you got from summit?

i took mine out for tuning purposes. My VE table wasnt consistant based on the weather. On cold days ie < 170 my VE tables were rich and on the warmer days it was lean. to try and make the engine consistant we took the 160 and put the stock termostat back in for a constant 190ish.

The $50 one from TByrne is a Hypertech Powerstat, but any brand should do the same thing. The year will also affect the price, as 04-up does not have the integral housing (less $) like 03-older (more $).

summit

03 160 tstat

be cool model

BCI-78012-59.95

I guess it was kind of high.

That is very interesting about the tuning issues with consistent temps, what would them temp do?? Bounce around or just change alot based on the ambient temps??? I am not engineer and I want to know is it worth it? and am I hurting anything in the long run, or just messing up my tune :dunno:

I bought mine through SLP.  A thermostat is a thermostat, they are usually all the same.

thanks for the reply. thats what i thought. i'll pickup my "valuecrap" from autozone tomorrow. $31.99