I bit the bullet

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked UPS tracking, and the Vortech will be here tomorrow. :D I can't believe how long it takes. It gets shipped to 2 places before I get it.

The gauges sucked, it was the first time I ever messed with anything like that. I guess if I had to do another set it would be a breeze though.

HURRY UP UPS!! :lol:

Thank You.

I've been everywhere trying to find the right tap, for tapping the oil pan. Home Depot, Sears, and 2 auto parts didn't have the right size. When I asked the guy at Sears where the taps were. He looked at me like was retarded and replied, " Do you mean the song?" I just shook my head.

At Advanced auto parts, the guy handed me a package of rivets, and I said "No those are rivets". Then he said "Do you mean self tapping screws?". :mad: Finally I called a plumbing supply, they had it. $15.00 for a 3/8" NPT tap.

So I got everything apart and waiting for the UPS guy.

:D

What is a NPT tap.  Just curious???

300px-ThreadingTaps.jpg

A tap is a tool used to cut threads into a drilled hole, NPT is the type or style of thread. NPT = "National Pipe Thread", as opposed to SAE bolt threads or AN (Army/Navy) threads. Pipe threads are optimized for use in plumbing so they are coarse and tapered; SAE threads are optimized for clamping strength so they are fairly fine threaded and straight, and AN threads are optimized for high-pressure hydraulic fittings so the threads are very fine.

Mr. P.

...I somehow missed this post.

I think the Vortech is a nice piece and almost bought it.  I liked the fact that it can produce higher boost #'s where the Radix is pretty much spent at 10psi. 

dounome - I think high 12's will be a walk in the park after your newest mods.  Hell, low 12's are within reach.  A 500/500RWHP/TQ is in your future for sure.  We gotta get a bunch of trucks together for a party at the drag strip this summer.  :cheers:

count me in for that meeting. i should be radixed and cammed.. HOPEFULLY!!

OK, I'm up and running. It's purring like a kitten, so I guess I didn't mess anything major up :P A couple of concerns though:

1> How much is this thing supossed to be whistling? It's pretty loud, even at idle.

2> How do I make sure I am getting enough oil to the supercharger?

3> I am feeling a small rattle in the gas pedal while driving at low rpms. I swear it wasn't there before.

I gave it a few WOT bursts and it does move :D

What do you think?

Mike

OK, I'm up and running. It's purring like a kitten, so I guess I didn't mess anything major up :P  A couple of concerns though:

1> How much is this thing supossed to be whistling? It's pretty loud, even at idle.

2> How do I make sure I am getting enough oil to the supercharger?

3> I am feeling a small rattle in the gas pedal while driving at low rpms. I swear it      wasn't there before.

I gave it a few WOT bursts and it does move :D

What do you think?

Mike

:withstupid::D

1. It will be a little loud for bit, don't forget that everything is brand new, you have to give it some time to break in.

2. You know your getting oil there by knowing that you routed the lines correctley, no big dips. I know this sucks but you have to trust your work at this point.

3. No clue on this one. Make sure that the rad. upper pipe the new one is not rubbing on the blower pulley.

Who did the initial tune for you?

Pcm4less did the tune. He has done a few for me.

I'm going down to button everything up and check all of my connections, because it was dark when I finished up.

The rattle in the gas pedal has me worried. I unbolted the front driveshaft to tap the oil pan. I don't think I could have messed anything up there though. :dunno:

we just go tmine finished up yesterday too. i notice the pedal feeling . so your not alone. i did check the pulley nut for rubbing against the radiator hose, but it doesent look like it is. and my steering shaft has a bad clunk and i just replaced it less than a month ago. now to get the tune dialed in!!