I bit the bullet

I would have to disagree with the not expecting too much thing, expect some good numbers and power. I put down some good numbers and with any luck next time I go I will hit the 500HP mark with out changing any of the factory internals.

So you're telling him to expect the best power first time out? That's kinda dumb and a good way to set oneself up for a let down if the #s are not what he expects. LOL

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would have to disagree with the not expecting too much thing, expect some good numbers and power. I put down some good numbers and with any luck next time I go I will hit the 500HP mark with out changing any of the factory internals.

Does that mean you're hitting a dyno next time? I guess so...how else would you know you would hit 500hp?

Well he did dyno it at 475 a while back. :dunno:

Does that mean you're hitting a dyno next time? I guess so...how else would you know you would hit 500hp?

Well he did dyno it at 475 a while back. :dunno:

Yeah...I saw there was no track time for him. I would guess that hitting that peak number too often on stock internals would not be a good thing. Just hope it is not stock on the tranny internals.

i know he is gong to add meth injection pretty soon. he did rearrange his air box . maybe thats how. look thogouh his recent posts!

but whoa dounome put down 475 awhp? that not to bad at all. i cant wait.Im hoping for 600 hp and if that doesent happen just throw more money at it , that sometimes helps "problems " :D go away!!

Been to the track Ben, I put down a best run @ 13.2 and that was with stock tranny(not to good I know). I would have to say that with a mail order PCM and long tubes got me the 472HP so YES expect some damn good numbers. How can you tell someone not to expect something out of a product you do not have. Take a look around man, the fastest truck on this site runs a Vortech and I know for a fact that my next visit to the dyno will produce 500HP. The alky control, smaller pulley(10-11PSI), electric fans, new converter, valve body.........these are the things that will get me the high 12's and 500HP. I just don't understand why you would bash on a product you don't have experience with? Good luck with your new toy man, you will learn how to get the most out of it and beat up on some radix followers!

Been to the track Ben, I put down a best run @ 13.2 and that was with stock tranny(not to good I know).   I would have to say that with a mail order PCM and long tubes got me the 472HP so YES expect some damn good numbers. How can you tell someone not to expect something out of a product you do not have. Take a look around man, the fastest truck on this site runs a Vortech and I know for a fact that my next visit to the dyno will produce 500HP. The alky control, smaller pulley(10-11PSI), electric fans, new converter, valve body.........these are the things that will get me the high 12's and 500HP. I just don't understand why you would bash on a product you don't have experience with? Good luck with your new toy man, you will learn how to get the most out of it and beat up on some radix followers!

You're not getting the point. I didn't say anything bad about the Vortech. I said don't expect everything to work 100% first time out IE it may take some tweeking. Is this your first time modding a vehicle? Kinda sounds like it to me because pretty much anyone who's been down that road knows that you rarely put out 100% the first try or with something right out of the box.. Also I have owned a Vortech S-Trim on a 306 ci. Mustang then on my built 351w. I have a my share of experience with them ;)

Grats man! Just dont expect too much first time out. May take some tuning to get it 100%
How can you tell someone not to expect something out of a product you do not have.

I think they mean it won't peak till you get the tune just right. :dunno::chillpill:

p.s. Nice numbers before supercharger. :cheers::driving:

...I somehow missed this post.

I think the Vortech is a nice piece and almost bought it. I liked the fact that it can produce higher boost #'s where the Radix is pretty much spent at 10psi.

dounome - I think high 12's will be a walk in the park after your newest mods. Hell, low 12's are within reach. A 500/500RWHP/TQ is in your future for sure. We gotta get a bunch of trucks together for a party at the drag strip this summer. :cheers:

Well you came off like the know all to end all, Im sorry if I took it the wrong way. My point was you won't spend tons of time makeing everything work , its DAMN good right out of the box, thats all.

That's how you took it, your bad. Re-read my very first post. I dont see how it came across and a know it all. *shrug*

I've seen more than a few people on Perfomancetrucks.net that had to work to get good #s out of their Vortech kit, just like some have had to do with their Radix, or turbo kit. :(

It's just easier on you when you dont get your expectations too high is all. Ask Haynss LMAO :)

cool good luck with the blower but in my book theres no substitution for cubic inches and compression all my cars have been naturally aspirated my vette runs 11:1 compression and i run 564whp later on i plan on new heads and new pistons for my ss to get that compression up there

cool good luck with the blower but in my book theres no substitution for cubic inches and compression all my cars have been naturally aspirated my vette runs 11:1 compression and i run 564whp later on i plan on new heads and new pistons for my ss to get that compression up there

Naturally aspirated HP is always better, but FI has much higher potential. Adding cubes and FI is where its at. :D

Archived