Spray In Bedliner

Aspentaylor

Wait a minute...something is NOT right. First of all, you don't spray red paint (Xtra or Nason) on top of black LINE-X!!!!!!!!!!!! The dealer should have sprayed a red pigmented liner first and then used Nason. As far as I know, Xtra is NOT available in colors yet. I'm sending a PM to you, you need to call me.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the above can be fixed. I myself have gotten overspray between the bed and the cab. We loosened the bed and removed the overspray. It only happened once. The good news is anything can be fixed. And I am sure he will take care of you. Keep us in the loop but I am confident that he will take care of any issues that you have.

Truckster is right the color match top coat is only to get a perfect match. The underlying bed liner should have been pigmented red, that way if u do scratch through the top coat the black liner won't be showing through.

I'm not sure about the recommended method for spaying extra yet. I allos don't think extra is available in colors yet...i could be wrong though.

The overspray issue isn't unusall if you don't close the gap between the bed and cab properly, it is easily fix though.

Like the other guys said if you have a problem getting your issues resolved let us know...our reputation is everything and we won't allow someone to do poor work.

Thanks for the info guys. What I could use right now more than anything is a contact at the corporate office that will call me back. I am sure they are busy over there, but I have been calling since morning and have had no response.

Thanks for the info guys.  What I could use right now more than anything is a contact at the corporate office that will call me back.  I am sure they are busy over there, but I have been calling since morning and have had no response.

Where did you have your liner installed?

Just like you guys said, Line-X is standing behind their product and will have my liner removed and redone. Looks like I have to head up to Dallas to have it done, but it is worth it to have it done right. I hope nobody sees the problem I have had and thinks less of Line-X because it was the installer that completely screwed up, once you get past all the black bleeding through the red you can really see how good it would have looked. I can't wait to show some pics of my truck with the corrected liner!!!

I was waiting for your response. Because I would have gotten involved if the issue hadn't been handled correctly. Line-X is very customer service oriented and I fully expected them to take care of it.

Let's see the pics when it's done. :thumbs:

Just back from vacation. I have a lot less money but a much better tan.

Yep, I figured a redo was in order. You're probably going to the Lewisville shop. Sean, the owner, is a "technical" person for LINE-X and corporate probably sent you to him. However, I could to it also, but it's a real PITA to strip out a liner! I can tell you that you will be satisfied when done correctly. I recommend that you wait until Xtra in colors is available, which should be about June. Xtra is much more durable than Nason.

Archived