Spray In Bedliner

Aspentaylor

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a Line-X dealer north of Houston that will be able to do my bed, now for the last decision. They quoted me $379 over or under the rail, $110 to color match, and $150 for the Line-X extra. So basically, I'm looking at a black liner at $529 or a red liner at $639. I really want to go over the rails because I have scratched the top of the bed on the last 2 trucks I bought, so should I be worried about if it will match or would I be better off just sticking to black and not have to worry so much if it fades 5 years down the road?

I found a Line-X dealer north of Houston that will be able to do my bed, now for the last decision.  They quoted me $379 over or under the rail, $110 to color match, and $150 for the Line-X extra.  So basically, I'm looking at a black liner at $529 or a red liner at $639.  I really want to go over the rails because I have scratched the top of the bed on the last 2 trucks I bought, so should I be worried about if it will match or would I be better off just sticking to black and not have to worry so much if it fades 5 years down the road?

I personally like the black better...Ive never seen a color matched bed liner before, but I assume if you want to keep the bed red then I would go with it. It seems almost improbable that the liner will fade, and Im sure you can just re-paint the liner in 4-5 years at a body shop if it does. I had Line-X in my Black 02 Silverado and it kept the color very well over the 3+years of having the truck, faded a little but not more than would be expected...

Speedliner is just renamed Rhino. If you don't like Rhino you definetely won't like Speedliner.

It is a no brainer where you live. If you get a colored liner you absolutely need to get Xtra. If you get a black I think it's worth the money to get the Xtra. It is guaranteed not to fade backed up by Dupont. The only downside to getting Xtra sprayed in the back it makes the bed kind of slippery. But most guys that get a colored liner don't use the bed much anyway. That is frickin cheap. I don't know how these guys are staying in business spraying bedliners that cheap.

Edited by s_melchi (see edit history)

Hi, guys. Many of you allready know me as the SS roll pan guy; but I am also a Line-X dealer. I guess that makes me a bit biased.

Let me tell you a little background on how I got started in Line-X. I was a in the Airforce stationed in Cali. and wanted a bed liner prior to retirement 7 years ago. I knew I was gonna be doing some hauling and wanted to protect the bed, so i got a Rhino liner...it was all I had ever heard of. The first load of furniture it had a big tear. Withinin 3 months it was peeling at the edges...needless to say I was not happy. I took it back 3 times and it was never right. Then I got rear ended and the body shop had to replace the bed and they recommended I go with Line-X instead of Rhino...best decesion I ever made. I move my famifly from Cali to Kansas with no problems with my Line-X. In fact I had an extremley heavy peice of furniture that 4 big guys had to drag out; i just knew we had torn up another liner...but to my surprise it just had some drag marks... That I thought I could live with, but the first time I washed it even that came off and I realized that the liner had rubbed wood off the bottom of the furniture not the other way around....I was very impressed.

To make a long story short when I found out that there was a Line-X dealership available in my area I bought it.

I just sold that original 1996 chevy truck with it's original Line-X in JAN. The guy that bought it for his son commented that the 6 year old Line-X looked better then his 6 month old Rhino.....as you can imagine I was pleased and I wasn't even the one that sprayed it.

My best sales tool for Line-X is to encourage my customers to go look at a Rhino check out the quality of their fit, finish, texture, and durablity. If you compare, I get your business...period. And yes Line-X costs a bit more but it's more than worth it. I'll tell you to go see them; it's unlikely they will tell you to go see a Line-X.

BSER how are you applying your bowties? Stencil or Vinyl or some other ingenius way.

I've done it both ways. Personally I think the vinyl is the way to go for flames or involved graphics and stencil for logos. Some guys like the subdued look and sharper edges of the vinyl better though.

Good topic. :thumbs: I've been tossing this decision around for a while. I don't haul a whole lot, but I want to protect it for when I do. So, I'm going under the rail. If I "used" it more, I'd go over.

Btw, I like the SS stencil. I saw it on BmanSS truck a while back. Looks good. :thumbs:

Edited by CoolBlueSS (see edit history)

Are you using the "sandblasting vinyl"? At least that is what I have been told it's called. Any way is it really thick? I have been thinking about using the Vinyl but haven't taken the leap yet. Do you know what the thickness of the vinyl might be?

Are you using the "sandblasting vinyl"? At least that is what I have been told it's called. Any way is it really thick? I have been thinking about using the Vinyl but haven't taken the leap yet. Do you know what the thickness of the vinyl might be?

I sent you a pm no need to give away our secrets; I've won several high end projects because I can do things with a bedliner no one else (i.e. Rhino) will even attempt. You should be seeing one of my projects in a major auto publicaton soon.

The guys here don't care about our technical bedliner stuff anyway.

I've got an appointment to get a red color match Line-X w/ Xtra installed on Friday morning!!! Going over the rails and across the tailgate, the truck is going to be hauling an ATV around among other things so I want the most protection. I'll post pics when I get it done.

Congratulations!! I think the Xtra product may very well revolutionize the color match market for Line-X. Everyone else will surely be playing catch up for many years to come.

Please do post pics. I would love to see it. I am still kicking around whether or not to start using the Xtra. I would like your opinion of the Xtra after it's done.

What dealer is spraying it for you? What city? If I may ask how much are you paying?

I've got an appointment to get a red color match Line-X w/ Xtra installed on Friday morning!!!  Going over the rails and across the tailgate, the truck is going to be hauling an ATV around among other things so I want the most protection.  I'll post pics when I get it done.

Yeah, I got it over the rail and the tailgate too! I love it!! :thumbs: