Spray In Bedliner

Aspentaylor

Since I didnt see anyone else mention it I'll add my two cents worth... Line-X is the only spray on liner being used by the US Government. Navy is testing it extensivley and has already begun using it top side of some subs. The US Gov found buildings sparyed with LINE-X can with stand a full frontal explosion without colapsing or possibly hurting those inside. They have tested several other brands but have not found a single one which can perform like LINE-X.

Here is the Navys reasons for choosing LINE-X

http://www.line-x.ca/linex/navy.html

Here is a couple of the US Governments uses for it

http://www.line-x.ca/linex/military.html

I believe that the Canadian Government has began using it. In fact LINE-X has renamed its product PAXCON for use other than Truck beds... Here is a link to a video shot by a local tv crew...

http://www.line-x.ca/linex/Videos/fox5.MPG

Check the internet and you should be able to find the raw video footage of the governments tests.

Hope this helps. In my opinion there is no other spray on that will ever touch my SS!!!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for your two cents! Now I have to wait for the money. Too many trips have left me broke. oops! :dunno:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say definitely linex-i have moved twice with mine and it has never chipped, and still looks good. Our parts truck at work has a rhino liner sprayed over the rail and it is peeling off bad. Either way you get a lifetime warranty though. :chevy:

That was a great video.... I made an appointment for next Tuesday to get mine done. Line-X seems to be the way to go. It's costing me $500 out the door for over the rail.... I'll let you guys know how it comes out! :thumbs:

:D I guess I am getting my bed bullet-proofed tomorrow!

I am going to be a nice guy and even clean it out. anybody know the prep sequence? alchol/tinnner to degrease? scotchbrite to abraide? should I feather any chipped edges?? I dont want to do it all but I do want to make sure that spot where that crayon melted last summer :D:chevy:

That was a great video.... I made an appointment for next Tuesday to get mine done. Line-X seems to be the way to go. It's costing me $500 out the door for over the rail.... I'll let you guys know how it comes out!  :thumbs:

Keep us updated!

That was a great video.... I made an appointment for next Tuesday to get mine done. Line-X seems to be the way to go. It's costing me $500 out the door for over the rail.... I'll let you guys know how it comes out!  :thumbs:

Generalms02 ... Your going to love it when it's done.... The only thing that is going to bother you, is that you didn't do it sooner .... :thumbs::thumbs:

So, I got my bedliner done yesterday! It's sweet!! I'll try and go get some pictures today..... I love the way it looks! :thumbs:

Did anyone else notice that the tailgate is a little more snug and harder to open then before? :dunno:

Yeah the tailgate will be a little snug for a little while. If it bothers you there are a couple things you can do to make it close and open easier. Just let me know and I can explain. Normally we correct this problem before it leaves the shop and the customer ever sees the truck.

DetJoe I thought you were going to come down so I could spray in the SS? Although I let another Line-X guy borrow the stencil the other day and I can't seem to get it back. :banghead:

The prep sequence is: tape, scuff up to the tape, sand with a DA sander or by hand (I prefer DA), blow out and decontaminate and shoot it. It should take less than 2 hours. We have a three man crew and it takes us about an hour to an hour and a half to do a truck. But we also do about 4-6 in a 8 hour day so we need to hustle.

If you have any rough spots chances are they will be covered completely and you won't notice them. If you are worried about them just bring up your concerns and I am sure the dealer will make you happy. It's pretty hard to screw up a Line-X liner. The material just about won't let you make a mistake.

Tried to get a price for a Line-X liner, called one of the 2 dealers listed on the Line-X website for Houston and they said that they had both places and recently stopped installing the Line-X because the material cost went up. They did quote me $349 under the rail plus $200 for gloss coat color match for what they called an "equivalent material". I guess I have some research and shopping around to do.

There is no such thing as an equivalent material. Line-X has their own formula that BASF manufactures for Line-X and only Line-X.

If he is charging you $349 you need to make that guy put a Elcometer on the truck before he unwraps it. If the whole thing isn't close to a 1/4 thick then you are getting screwed even at that price. See what the noname companies do to compete with Line-X is drop their prices really low and then spray the bedliners superthin. We spray 6 gallons of material in the back of a full size truck. Companies like Xtreme Liner and some of the other Line-X wantabe's only spray 3 gallons. Plus what if this guy decides he isn't going to spray bedliners anymore and you get his generic liner. Guess what your screwed.

Archived