Spray In Bedliner

Aspentaylor

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to go with the Line-X but I can't find a good price.... I don't know too much about the Rhino liner, I might be getting a bed rug and not get either one. I'd still get the line-X done if I found a reasonable price.

I have Line-X and really like it. Looks almost as good today as the day I got it. If I were getting it done today, I'd go with the Line-X Xtra. It has a glossier finish which I think would look nicer with our type of truck. I went with the under the rail with the regular Line-X but I would go over the rail with the Xtra.

High Pressure Hot Spray all the way!!! I owned a Spray-On business and did all the research. The High Pressure Hot Spray is far superior to the cold low pressure. Tjhe finish is much more uniform and it is much more durable.

If you rub a sample piece of a Line-X to a Rhino, the Line-X will wear the Rhino away!!! I used this as a sales demo and the customer bought the High Pressure all the time.

Personally, I have a bedrug in my SS, but if I used it like a truck it would be the High Pressure Hot!!

I would advise staying as far away from rhino as possible... Been there done that as it were. Unless you like the look of rubber cottage cheese. And it bubbles like fudge with the application of a body shop heat lamp. stripped it out and had it replaced with line-x. Mine's a work truck so it has over the rail, tail cap included.

i got a rhino liner on mine.... very happy with it... cost me about 450 for the whole bed and bed rails.... never seen a linx so i cant compare, just say i am very happy with my rhino liner...

Color match...hum....probably a good idea.

TimB-I never got a new truck. Lawsuit is still pending. I am just going to take the settlement money. GM offered 7500, but I would not take it. Too little for too many problems

Color match...hum....probably a good idea. 

TimB-I never got a new truck.  Lawsuit is still pending.  I am just going to take the settlement money.  GM offered 7500, but I would not take it.  Too little for too many problems

Glad to hear you did not just settle after all the crap you have been though.

By far Rhino liner has the best material if put on properly. My ex's stepdad owns the largest rhino liner dealerships in indianna. He hooked me up in my former work and show truck He did it with a really nice smooth texture not chunky and it was much thicker and more plyable than any line x that I have ever seen. Prior to that I had the early vortex style and I was really unhappy with it. My advice is take your time searching out who actually does it and inspect the quality of their work. Be sure they actually do a good prep job sanding the bed and I know from being kina related to a rhino liner dealer at one point... they don't pay diddly squat for the color. So if they try and start giving you crap to color match it do not pay more than 30-50 for a color match that is totally bogus. It is just easier for them to get it black cause then anyone can spray it. Also. Line-x is a good product slightly less plyable and goes on smoother than the rhino liner. It should be a little less expensive. They claim they don't normally stock colors to match. I actually called my ex's stepdad and might have him do the VHO becuase I want it perfect. I am going over the rails becuase I have the gaylord's lid. And I plan to keep my carpeting. Just put it back over the liner. Defintely shop around and physically check out the installs that you are considering it is well worth the shopping time so you and your pocket book will be happy.

:cool:

Archived