My 90mm DBW Radix J-Tube conversion

Here are some prototype photo's of my Radix J-Tube Conversion via Richard @ WCCH.

This is prettymuch what the final conversion plate will look like, also the inner weld bead will recieve a hand blending.

The flange started life as an 1 1/2" block of aluminum, which is exactly how much is machined off the J-tube for prep. The face of the conversion flange is indexed to the stock mounting position while the body of the conversion flange is slightly canted(or angled) so that it mimicks the original flow path of the J-Tube inlet area and so that the surface mounting area of the 90mm TB is oriented just like the stock flange. This will greatly minimize any fitment issues using the "Radix kit" supplied inlet tube. The tabs you see on the back of the conversion flange are there to properly position the conversion flange on the J-Tube so that the welding procedure is as accurate and precise as possible. As long as there is not excessive core shift with these castings we will see little in the way of issues. Whatever differences may arrise, the bellows of the radix inlet tube/MAF area will compensate for any minor variation. Other nice features are the perimeter of the conversion flange will follow the lines of the LS2 vette 90mm TB leaving the appearance looking clean and sanitary, and the factory O-ring groove will make replacement a breeze.

DSCF0994.jpg

DSCF0996.jpg

DSCF0995.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

DSCF1001.jpg

DSCF1008.jpg

DSCF1000.jpg

On a personal note: I'd like to thank Richard for all his hardwork, R&D, time and advice and BlownChevy for always helping a bro out when no one else could or would :judge:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moregrip -

You're to be commended - If you do it...clearly, you do it "right".  This piece, your exhaust...all top quality.

Well done, keep it up.

- Brian

Thanks bro :cheers:

Richard from West Coast Racing Cylinder Head did an excellent job tooling this up, I couldn't be happier :D

update:

Here's some new pics of the 90mm Radix J-Tube conversion Richard @ WCCH fabbed up. Note: I mocked up a 90mm vette TB for your viewing (perfect match IMO). :) Oustanding job on the welds and inner blending. This is pre paint, so these pics are all bare aluminum. enjoy :)

DSCN1245.jpg

DSCN1246.jpg

DSCN1247.jpg

DSCN1250.jpg

DSCN1248.jpg

DSCN1249.jpg

DSCN1251.jpg

DSCN1252.jpg

DSCN1244.jpg

Thanks again to Richard for a Job well done :drive: