Miles How many you got?

FwyFlyr

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just bought my 03 SS last week, it was sitting on a dealer lot since 04 (as excess). Bought it with 297 miles, it now has 530. :yellow_loser:

:eek: Sitting unsold for 4 years? Hope you made them blow the cobwebs off it...

Mr. P. :)

'03 - 68000

A/C Compressor

A/C Dryer

Orifice

Instru. Cluster

Tailgate Cables

Front Diff. Rebuilt

Intermediate Shaft Replaced

Had an LED in the 6-Disc quit on me one night ... but I think the head didn't boot up properly, it's been working fine ever since

Had a 2-3 shift slip @ light throttle ... reset the shift adapts, and it's been good so far ... :fingersx:

03 62000

new gauge cluster and front diff at 36000

new transmission at 50000

3 new batteries before 36000 then i put in a yellow top

new water pump at 60000

got 50000 miles out of my first set of 22inch tires

new back brakes at 60000

you could never tell by looking at the truck that it has anywhere near 62000 on it.

DSCI0090.jpg

DSCI0102.jpg

DSCI0101.jpg

DSCI0097.jpg

DSCI0091.jpg

post-6481-1176261659_thumb.jpg

post-6481-1176261700_thumb.jpg

My "04" at about 53,500 miles. I think i'm ready for brakes. Put new Falken tires on at 50,000 miles. Had the stearing shaft problem but did the fix from the forum. Runs even stronger now that I put that B&B exhaust system on the other day!!!

post-10748-1176264573_thumb.jpg

03 62000

new gauge cluster and front diff at 36000

new transmission at 50000

3 new batteries before 36000 then i put in a yellow top

new water pump at 60000

got 50000 miles out of my first set of 22inch tires

new back brakes at 60000

you could never tell by looking at the truck that it has anywhere near 62000 on it.

DSCI0090.jpg

DSCI0102.jpg

DSCI0101.jpg

DSCI0097.jpg

DSCI0091.jpg

pimp ... I need to ask a favor ... would you mind not posting pictures of your truck in every post that you make? It's been getting to be a PITA to have to scroll past all of your pics to keep reading the rest of the thread ...

silverado. I had major problems with it twice due to the distributor cap (I think) dunno.gif Something about it corroding. It ended up being a recall or something and I had to take it to the dealership to have them fix it for good. Has anyone had any problems like this from their SS?

Theres no distributor (so therefore no cap!) so shouldnt think that will be an issue on the SS!! :yellow_loser:

03 with 43k.

Replace most everything on the truck before it broke :crackup:

I had the driver's seat cover replaced due to pulling threads at the seam, steering shaft replaced, tailgate cables replaced.

I just replaced my stock battery this weekend. It finally said no more so I replaced it with a yellow top.

'03, 31K miles. Did the tailgate cable replacement, and had to replace an actuator motor in the HVAC system. Those are the only repairs. (Oh, I did the steering clunk fix once.) Put new wheels (and tires) on last week, but the original Goodyears still had plenty of meat on them. I guess I'll save them for winter driving. :chevy:

:chevy: I'm at 70k on my '03 with no problems

I've kept service up at 3000 miles.....every time!

Have done all recommended service.

2 issues I've had were steering shaft and tailgate cables.

Oh, SES came on once, it was the gas cap not tight.

I had a vibration at 85mph and up but it went away with a

"Road Force" balance.

Put tires on at 55k, still original brakes.

i have 43500 on my 05. i service it regularly too. i had the same issues. but mine was steering shaft and the gas cap. the gas cap come up on the info center. come to find out they ahd to replace some sensor and my fuel pump. they put a new rack and pinion in last week.

Archived