Vortech max

quick66ss

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an 05 VHO which is what they were tagged before getting the nae plate Vortech Max in 06.

Off the top of my head I would have to say try and get it with 4.10 rear gears instead of the 3.73's.

4x4 come with 4.10's the 2wd get the 3.73's, can't mix and match that I know of.

I have an 05 VHO which is what they were tagged before getting the nae plate Vortech Max in 06.

Off the top of my head I would have to say try and get it with 4.10 rear gears instead of the 3.73's.

4x4 come with 4.10's the 2wd get the 3.73's, can't mix and match that I know of.

Yeah I was unsure about it I know it wasn't available in 05 but thought I read somewhere at one time you could get the 2wd with it. I don't see why not it only makes sence.

Thanks for the feedback. As soon as the Impala sells I am off to the dealer. It looks like I will have to build it as they have not been able to locate one with the options I want.

Can you re program the PC for 89 fuel? I don't think I would consider it unless gas got over $3 again. I love the fact that my Impala SS runs so strong and gets 21 MPG running 89 octane.

diehardchevy -  Do you have any regrets? Any options you wish you could have added?

Thanks

Mike

NO SIR! this is by far the best truck i have ever owned. the only thing i wish it had, was a DVD system for the kid, which i am adding in the next month or so.

My truck is pretty well loaded. leather, sunroof, bose stereo, i think dvd is the only thing it doesn't have.

If you click on my sig there are quite a few pics of my truck. check em out and let me know if you have anymore questions!

Nick :driving:

Thanks for the feedback. As soon as the Impala sells I am off to the dealer. It looks like I will have to build it as they have not been able to locate one with the options I want.

Can you re program the PC for 89 fuel? I don't think I would consider it unless gas got over $3 again. I love the fact that my Impala SS runs so strong and gets 21 MPG running 89 octane.

you could program it for lower octane, but if it were able to run efficiently at a lower octane, GM would have done that themselves. you'd likely lose fuel milage over having the propper timing curve with premium fuel. keep in mind that between mid grade and premium it's less than $3 per tank difference.

you could program it for lower octane, but if it were able to run efficiently at a lower octane, GM would have done that themselves. you'd likely lose fuel milage over having the propper timing curve with premium fuel. keep in mind that between mid grade and premium it's less than $3 per tank difference.

Zippy-- i know this may sound dumb, but my buddy and i got into a discussion last night about this. only that the highest pump gas i can get is 92 octane. and it is only sold at the BP's in town. my dad says that i am waisting my time runnin the 92 becaouse it is tuned for 91, and that i am losing power and milage. i think it is total bs, but do you think there is any truth in this therory?

Archived