Any word on the Colorado SS Yet?????

Don&Patty

Was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Colorado SS being produced or not. With the layoffs and plant closings coming the chances are not great. I read that Ford will not be producing the SVT Explorer Sport Trak and has dropped the Lincoln LS from production. Would be great if GM did product it as I'm a ready willing buyer. I have an 2002 Z06 Corvette and an SS Colorado would be a great addition to the family.

hey! first post huh? welcome aboard! I haven't heard anything, but it would be one rad rod if they decided to produce them! :flag:

I'm not GM but I play one on TV, don't expect it soon if ever. They are killing the SSR so the Colorado SS as seen won't come to be. With the talk of a Vette SS(geez why, stingray maybe but for all that is good and holy in Detroit NOT SS) the chance of the Colorado SS is even more slim.

The Colorados turn radius would greatly improve due to increased HP, if ya know what I mean. Thats the main reason I got rid of mine, I believe that my SSS turns tighter than it did.Of course the full size truck and 345 HP were a plus.

last i heard was it wasnt going into prod. so they settled for the colorado extreme... would have been nice tho... but then again, who the hell would want an SSR with the colorado SS avail.? :dunno:

If GM kills the SSR they might as well produce the Colorado SS. They stuck a SC on a freakin' Cobalt, why not a Colorado SS. I really can't believe some of the so-called SS vehicles GM is trying to make. Who needs a Cobalt SS :confused: Monte Carlo SS is a joke. I do like the Impala SS though. Someone at work has one and it's pretty sharp. Will GM ever give us what we want? :cry:

I don't see why GM wouldn't produce a Colorado SS either. But, that's typical GM, they give you what they want you to have, not what you necessarliy want. I think this type of mindset plays a big part in why GM is in the situation they are now. Look at the Pontiac GTO, even though it was a nice package, they totally disregarded what most buyers would want in that vehicle and probably could have made it a saving marque car for Pontiac had they listened to what the enthusiasts really would like to have in that car. It seems to me that GM turns a deaf ear on marketing what their loyal customers want.

I would say build one. You probably could for 10-13k

I have been considering it. Also you could build it how you want to...

4wd-Awd-2wd

RCSB-ECSB-QCSB

You get to make it up!!!

Joe

Archived