Alternative Intake Manifolds

BenKey

The motor will be spun as high as it makes power and nets the fastest times. With my head choice and really large cam going in I expect my combo to pull to high 6K range if not low 7s. Right now my shift points with the Lunati cam are set at 6500 and it is still pulling hard when it shifts so I think my motor will like spinning up high with the correct intake and much larger heads. :devil:

Wonder how my motor will react with going from the cam in my sig to a 248/253 .650 .650 113lsa cam :driving::D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The motor will be spun as high as it makes power and nets the fastest times.  With my head choice and really large cam going in I expect my combo to pull to high 6K range if not low 7s.  Right now my shift points with the Lunati cam are set at 6500 and it is still pulling hard when it shifts so I think my motor will like spinning up high with the correct intake and much larger heads. :devil:

Wonder how my motor will react with going from the cam in my sig to a 248/253 .650 .650 113lsa cam :driving:  :D

Your motor may take it okay, but man is that tranny going cough. It may pull that high, but I;m not sure if I'd do that even with a 80E. Your money though.

That doesn't look all that streetable or I should say, it won't be that fun to drive unless you're on a highway. Doesn't look too fun to tune either. You may want to invest in some tuning software instead of having to drive so far to get it done. Although Allen will email tunes to you. It just won't be the same though. I'd find a local tuner if you don't want to tackle it. Kind of fun, scary, easy, and hard all in one thing - tuning.

Allen Nelson lives an hour away from me so tuning is covered:D

I ordered a vic jr intake from my speed shop but I called an cancelled it today. I didnt call them in time to find out for sure how much it was going to cost me to upgrade the FAST intake. By the time the bigger cam/heads and intake go on it will no longer be my DD or part time DD since I have my bike.

Quick question guys. Do you think that the ls7 intake will outflow the ls2 and fast intake? I think it should flow atleast as well as the fast maybe even better. :dunno: Im considering doing an ls7 intake and ET's ls7 style heads on my new setup.

Quick question guys.  Do you think that the ls7 intake will outflow the ls2 and fast intake?  I think it should flow atleast as well as the fast maybe even better. :dunno:  Im considering doing an ls7 intake and ET's ls7 style heads on my new setup.

I suggested that a while back. I would consider that but i already bought afr heads.

Adam, priced one?

Providing I stay with the stock fuel rails, I'm nearly ready to go. All I need now is the spacers for the waterpump.

I figure I'll probably have the time and all the pieces the weekend of the 18th.

Adam, priced one?

Providing I stay with the stock fuel rails, I'm nearly ready to go.  All I need now is the spacers for the waterpump.

I figure I'll probably have the time and all the pieces the weekend of the 18th.

Yeah, the intake is about $260 and the bare heads are about $1,700.

Adam, priced one?

Providing I stay with the stock fuel rails, I'm nearly ready to go.  All I need now is the spacers for the waterpump.

Yeah, the intake is about $260 and the bare heads are about $1,700.

I'd say go for it if you can find some flow data to support what you want to do. You'll want to know how well it compared to the other intakes for reference. You'll need all the other stuff to get you there though. Is it a 90mm? I think it is, just not sure. You'll need something to adapt your fuel rails to use the truck fuel rail. Not sure if there are any aftermarket fuel rails available for the LS7 yet or not. Nothing that a quick search couldn't remedy though. I would do a search on LS1tech and see if any guys have done the swap and what their results were.

Well Moregrip over pt.net brought this new intake to my attention

0102060201.jpg

0102060202.jpg

Here is the info on it:

"Wilson Manifolds has applied the same technology used in our one-off custom designed billet bank sheet metal racing manifolds to our new line of Limited Production Billet Bank Sheet Metal Manifolds. By producing these select manifolds on a limited production basis, we are able to provide a much more affordable manifold that fits the most popular cylinder heads and produces excellent overall performance in many high performance and racing applications, particularly with larger displacement and/or high RPM engines. They also look great on street rods and show cars and are designed to fit under stock hoods. These manifolds are ready to bolt on out of the box and are designed to accept Wilson Manifolds high flow throttle bodies and ultra high flow fuel rails as well as Nitrous Pro Flow direct port nitrous systems and manifold pressure relief valves.These designs were developed using our state of the art solid modeling software, and each manifold's cylinder banks (flanges and runners with integral injector bosses, stanchions, and direct port nozzle bosses) are machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum on our simultaneous 5-axis CNC machining center. Each manifold is then precision fixtured and heli-arc welded for a perfect fit and maximum structural integrity. This production method allows for optimum runner to runner and manifold to manifold consistency in terms of both geometry and performance."

http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com

Im glad moregrip brought this to my attention. I called the speed shop that I deal with and he is going to call Monday and find out how much one of these beauties run. They look good and I seriously doubt I will see anyone else with one which will add to the cool factor. :cool:

Not to mention I can get it spray barred for my nitrous and hide it :devil:

Its made by Wilson Manifolds dude their shit are proven power makers. Depends on how much it is going to cost. I saw the Lingenfelter intake but it didnt fair too well in one of the magazine articles.

Heat wise I wouldnt think it would be that bad. Hell people run the damn carb intakes and they dont seem to have real bad problems with heat.

And the women comment, well I just like bling bling1.gif

Its made by Wilson Manifolds dude their shit are proven power makers.  Depends on how much it is going to cost.  I saw the Lingenfelter intake but it didnt fair too well in one of the magazine articles.

Heat wise I wouldnt think it would be that bad.  Hell people run the damn carb intakes and they dont seem to have real bad problems with heat.

And the women comment, well I just like bling bling1.gif

So is this your new intake of choice? I would be interested in how well this intake flows compared to the ls7 and the fast. How much you think that bad boy is gonna cost?

Archived