Alternative Intake Manifolds

BenKey

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im definately going to do an alternative intake manifold. Not any time soon though. I want to get my new motor in and running first and then do the intake etc. Plus I can let you guys go through all the trouble of finding out whats needed. :D

Ben, here is a link to testing of the various intakes with and without the 90mm TB

Should make it easier to choose..

Intake Testing from TPIS's website

Thanks, Dennis. SS boon SS posted that in the 402 thread - good info.

I think I am going with the FAST. The f-body waterpump seems possibly the easiest route with spacers in there like Jeff did. Fuel rails aren't a major issue, although I plan to go to aftermarket ones later on. That alone will cost in the area of $500 going with an aftermarket fp regulator. I know Nasty Perf. can provide all the necessary stuff to do that.

Look up the Victor Jr intake from summit or Jegs. You can get it plumbed with the injector bung holes with or without fuel rails. It looks about the same as that link you posted Ben.

I've been thinking about that manifold with a whipple. I could run a air/water intercooler off to the drivers side and bring it right in the top of that carb intake.

Well, decided to go ahead and get the FAST intake. Should be here by next week. Will still be a while until I get the rest, but the biggest purchase is out of the way. All I need now is a f-body waterpump, spacers to be able to mount it and the relocation bracket for the pulley. Ordering the bracket in the next day or two.

Well, decided to go ahead and get the FAST intake.  Should be here by next week.  Will still be a while until I get the rest, but the biggest purchase is out of the way.  All I need now is a f-body waterpump, spacers to be able to mount it and the relocation bracket for the pulley.  Ordering the bracket in the next day or two.

Sweet! I hope the swap goes well for you and I can't wait to see how things turn out! :cool:

As most of you know, I have bought a fast 90 intake, ls2 t.b., speartech harness, t.b. control box,  vette water pump, brackets,power steering pump, altern. and crank pulley.  I dont know if the vette power steering pump and comp is going to work but should know in about a month.   If anyone has already tried these let me know.

Do you know if you needed all of the other accessory stuff? From what I've seen, it only requires spacer plates to move the water pump out to align with everything else. Or, does the vette wp have the bolt on pulley? Then you would need the one pulley relocation bracket that Speartech makes and you're done. Seems like a lot of extra work/cost to change everything out. Not that cost seems to be an issue with someone going C5R.

If you are getting the f-body crank pulley, get one of the real nice dampner's that are made for them. Super nice, but expensive.

Lookin good Ben.

I got my 90mm TB the other day too.  Lets see whos sits in the garage the longest.

Well.......based on your current track record....buying stuff, letting it sit and then selling.....hmmmmm.....have you turned a new leaf? :D New year's resolution - to firmly and promptly install all mods bought and paid for? :jester:

Plus, I already won. They are in my bedroom :P I don't have a garage.

Archived