Sign in to follow this  
goodeating

TRANSMISSION

:chevy: Tommie,

I would like to know what's the max horsepower that a 2004 SILVERADO SS AWD transmission can withstand. I will be doing some modifications to my truck adding superchager, cam, header and dyno tune. I think it will be able to hold up to that horsepower. If their anyone that can help, I would appicate it.

Y/R Tommie

Edited by goodeating

however, it does not take much money or work to make it withstand more...

If you will install a shift kit and remove the Torque manangement with the tune, the transmission will hold very well. As you check further here in this section and learn about a few of the trucks you will understand what it takes for high HP.

It can be done, but also takes $$$$

CD

I had Joe Guttierez (JAG Performance) rebuild mine with hardened/upgrade internals and kevlar band/clutches, he personally guaranteed the tranny to 650-ft-lbs or 39,000 GVW. There are a couple here that are running even more torque than that (TurbochargedBerserker).

Mr. P. :)

:devil: caugh Kurt-427 caugh :devil:

That truck has a 4L80E.

Mr. P. :)

i know kurt has a 4l80E i thought

you were talking about/on a "power reference" not which tranny which engine/mods etc.... just a power ref. like..."it can handle john force's motor" etc...

Edited by FuelSlut

he was running a 65E though before that. after the last one had a pump failure is when he put the 80E in.

hey zippy i think you sell transmission stuff right? i was kind of in the same predicament and wanted to know what you though (along with the others) what i would need to withstand 600+ hp and what it would cost. thanks guys