How To Change Your Brake Pads

TurbochargedBerserker

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, so.... I'm having some problems. Apparently my truck does not have the 12mm head slider bolts that hold the caliper on. Mine look to be a star head of 8 or 10 points. Anyone else have this style of bolt? Mine are also being VERY difficult to remove, and one is almost stripped. Any advice? I'm on jackstands right now, so a quick answer is much appreciated. Thanks.

-Jason

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Yeah, so.... I'm having some problems. Apparently my truck does not have the 12mm head slider bolts that hold the caliper on. Mine look to be a star head of 8 or 10 points. Anyone else have this style of bolt? Mine are also being VERY difficult to remove, and one is almost stripped. Any advice? I'm on jackstands right now, so a quick answer is much appreciated. Thanks.

-Jason

The star type bolt you are referring to should be a T50 or T55 torque bolt. You can find the appropriate socket at your local Auto Zone or Napa.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

does any one have current pictures? Im doing the rears on my 04 ss and cant get the bolts out. I think Im on the right ones. They are a 12mm bolt. I turned the hell out of them and connected a pair of vice grips to knock the bolts past the rubber grommet and no luck. HELP ME PLEASE AS THE BRAKES ARE TOAST.

THANKS CESAR.

• 7 years later...

Archived