ls2 402 questions

I am hoping someone will get a 90 setup on their truck and running before I get mine.  That way if they are any problems I can fix them before I install the motor.

Me too.

mattrem is working on his. Should be done very soon. Ask him to send you some pics.

I'm looking at that Lingenfelter intake pretty hard. Seems it would be easier to make even better than it is. Has room to open things up even more. May be what you need for a 427, but who knows.

that intake on there wbe site is just a overpriced lsx intake

Yeah, the lingenfelter intake looks like a standard fast lsx intake. Is there any differences?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no more plenum volume with a SSR manifold. The plenum volume on the truck manifold is part of the reason that it doesn't make power in the higher RPM. Of course the truck manifold will work when being on a FI motor, cause you are forcing air into it. It just hurts a N/A motor.

I am hoping someone will get a 90 setup on their truck and running before I get mine.  That way if they are any problems I can fix them before I install the motor.

Me too.

mattrem is working on his. Should be done very soon. Ask him to send you some pics.

I'm looking at that Lingenfelter intake pretty hard. Seems it would be easier to make even better than it is. Has room to open things up even more. May be what you need for a 427, but who knows.

that intake on there wbe site is just a overpriced lsx intake

In looks maybe. But it is metal and could easily be done to what your heads have been done to. A P&P job. Not an option on a LS6 intake. It will definitely make more power than a SSR intake - much more. It can also be disassembled to a point to give you access to the runners. Again, not an option on a LS6.

Not saying I plan to buy it, but it is one of my options I may choose. I haven't seen anyone who is running it yet. You?

I see where you are coming from, it could be port matched to your heads. I think the only bad thing would be that its aluminum, it would act as a heat sink. I think it would be worth a try.

Adams, I know BigTex has a direct port setup forsale if you are interested, I have the manifold off the Escalade, it had the direct port setup on it.

I see where you are coming from, it could be port matched to your heads. I think the only bad thing would be that its aluminum, it would act as a heat sink. I think it would be worth a try.

Adams, I know BigTex has a direct port setup forsale if you are interested, I have the manifold off the Escalade, it had the direct port setup on it.

I pm'd him about it to see if it was still available. Hasn't gotten back to me yet. That weiand intake looks pretty nice.

Got any links or pics for the Victor Jr aluminum manifold?  Also, would you be able to do a direct port nitrous system on the victor jr like this?  :D

lsx11nr.jpg

:D  :D

edl-29085_w.jpg

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?...79&autoview=sku

You can definitely do direct port on this manifold. It less than 1/2 the cost of the FAST including fuel rails.

IMO the heat sink thing is not much of a problem -- I would rather be able to ice the intake :P

edl-29085_w.jpg

You can definitely do direct port on this manifold.  It less than 1/2 the cost of the FAST including fuel rails.

IMO the heat sink thing is not much of a problem -- I would rather be able to ice the intake :P

That lil piece of hardware is bad-ASS. I wonder if Edelbrock is going to also sell a a 90mm to sqauare-bore adapter???

Mr. P. :)

edl-29085_w.jpg

You can definitely do direct port on this manifold. It less than 1/2 the cost of the FAST including fuel rails.

Cool looking setup. Much different looking that the fast intakes. Any benifits to a design like this over the fast intake?

Hey guys, I know that eventually (down the road) when I do nitrous its gonna be direct port. What would be better, nitrous off the line or a window switch. I was thinking that a window switch would be better becuase im probably already going to have problems hooking up. :dunno: Reason I ask is because im trying to figure out what stall im going to use, which will help me with my cam choice.

Archived