ls2 402 questions

Okay, so I have pretty much decided that if I do a stroker motor its going to be an ls2 402 (plus nitrous eventually) from scoggin dickey. There standard short block comes:

Short block break down

*LS2 aluminum block (4.000 bore)

*Eagle 4.000 stroke crank

*Scat 6.125 H beam LS1 specific rods

*Diamond forged pistons

*Diamond file fit rings

*Clevitte 77 rod and main bearings

***Balanced & assembled***

Also with every short block comes....

**LS2 parts:

*front cover

*SDPC billet timming set w/torington bearing

*cam sensor

*front cover

*front seal & gasket

*valley cover

They told me they could do a short block (I will most likely do this short block) with a hell fire ring kit, custom pistons (with a thicker crown), Callies Crank, Callies rods for about $5,200. They also have an ls2 intake conversion kit for an additional $1,375 which includes ls2 intake, ls2 fuel rails injector 0 ring kit, TPIS 90 mm throttle body and billet throttle cable bracket.

My questions are: Ive been looking at ET heads for this application. Would a 255cc intake runner be to big? I was thinking they would work well.

Would I benifit from there ls2 intake conversion?

What benifits do you get from running ARP main studs and ARP head studs?

What would be a good CR for me with nitrous in mind? I was thinking 10.5:1.

Would 50lb injectors be enough for this application?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think 42lb injectors will work with your supercharger and bigger cubes. If you plan to go to a larger s-chgr, then I would also plan to go with dual in-tank pumps. 50lb injectors may work, depending on the amount of boost you plan on. If you plan to go more than 10, then maybe 57 or 60s would be better. Don't forget that when you go above 42s, you'll have to convert your harness also.

The intake says it goes to a cable. You have dbw. You would have to do quite a bit to convert and I personally have not heard of anyone doing.

I don't think 42lb injectors will not work with your supercharger and bigger cubes.

The intake says it goes to a cable.  You have dbw.  You would have to do quite a bit to convert and I personally have not heard of anyone doing.

if he is runnign N/A and using nitrous the 42,s and a in-line pump will work fine.

I don't think 42lb injectors will work with your supercharger and bigger cubes.  If you plan to go to a larger s-chgr, then I would also plan to go with dual in-tank pumps.  50lb injectors may work, depending on the amount of boost you plan on.  If you plan to go more than 10, then maybe 57 or 60s would be better.  Don't forget that when you go above 42s, you'll have to convert your harness also.

The intake says it goes to a cable.  You have dbw.  You would have to do quite a bit to convert and I personally have not heard of anyone doing.

Im probably going to sell the blower and go n/a plus nitrous. Its gonna cost way to much to keep the blower. What are my options as far as intake go then? Could I do a fast intake? Been reading up on these a little but havn't had much time to look into it.

Okay, so I have pretty much decided that if I do a stroker motor its going to be an ls2 402 (plus nitrous eventually) from scoggin dickey.  There standard short block comes:

Short block break down

*Diamond forged pistons

*Diamond file fit rings

**LS2 parts:

*front cover

*cam sensor

*front cover

*front seal & gasket

*valley cover

They told me they could do a short block (I will most likely do this short block) with a hell fire ring kit, custom pistons (with a thicker crown), Callies Crank, Callies rods for about $5,200.  They also have an ls2 intake conversion kit for an additional  $1,375 which includes ls2 intake, ls2 fuel rails injector 0 ring kit, TPIS 90 mm throttle body and billet throttle cable bracket. 

My questions are: Ive been looking at ET heads for this application.  Would a 255cc intake runner be to big?  I was thinking they would work well.

Would I benifit from there ls2 intake conversion? More power, the truck intake is a restriction on an engine like this.

What benifits do you get from running ARP main studs and ARP head studs? Much better support, less stress on the block, ease of head gasket install, etc...

What would be a good CR for me with nitrous in mind?  I was thinking 10.5:1. That would work well. I'd say 10.2:1 to 11.5:1 would be the goal.

They should be more than enough, but if not you have one damn fast truck on your hands.

Okay, so I have pretty much decided that if I do a stroker motor its going to be an ls2 402 (plus nitrous eventually) from scoggin dickey.  There standard short block comes:

Short block break down

*Diamond forged pistons

*Diamond file fit rings

**LS2 parts:

*front cover

*cam sensor

*front cover

*front seal & gasket

*valley cover

They told me they could do a short block (I will most likely do this short block) with a hell fire ring kit, custom pistons (with a thicker crown), Callies Crank, Callies rods for about $5,200.  They also have an ls2 intake conversion kit for an additional  $1,375 which includes ls2 intake, ls2 fuel rails injector 0 ring kit, TPIS 90 mm throttle body and billet throttle cable bracket. 

My questions are: Ive been looking at ET heads for this application.  Would a 255cc intake runner be to big?  I was thinking they would work well.

Would I benifit from there ls2 intake conversion? More power, the truck intake is a restriction on an engine like this.

What benifits do you get from running ARP main studs and ARP head studs? Much better support, less stress on the block, ease of head gasket install, etc...

What would be a good CR for me with nitrous in mind?  I was thinking 10.5:1. That would work well. I'd say 10.2:1 to 11.5:1 would be the goal.

They should be more than enough, but if not you have one damn fast truck on your hands.

I was waiting for you to chime in. :D What would be an ideal CR (keep in mind I can only get 91 octane in ca) for a 200 shot of nitrous? Also what intake runner size would be best with a big cam? 225, 240, 255? Thanks

for 91 octane California fuel i'd say go with the 10.5:1. as for heads, it's a tough call but you're likely going to want the 225's or 240's. this depends on what you want the truck to be used for. with the 240's on there it will perform better, but may not be as friendly around town.

as for heads, it's a tough call but you're likely going to want the 225's or 240's. this depends on what you want the truck to be used for. with the 240's on there it will perform better, but may not be as friendly around town.

In what way would they not be as friendly around town?

Archived