I need power for my blue 2004 silverado ss

more compression equal more power period.

there are 3 main ways to up the compression

shave your heads or mill the the deck

get domed pistons or get a longer stroke in the crank

and you can get alot of that done within 5 grand range

there is no substitution for compression or cubic inches thats were horsepower comes from

I'd say at the crank, plausible.  At the wheels, nearly impossible unless you found someone nearly giving stuff away.  I guess you could add a few things then do a 150 shot.  That may get you close.  Assuming a 20% loss to the wheels, that is.

well for around 5 grand the shop i goto in fl he can have the heads ported and polished new roller rockers and a mild hydraulic cam and some domed pistons to up the compression those #s are very reachable..... i dont see why most go with the quick supercharger or turbo for around 5 grand when all you get at best is round 130whp and i can take same 5 grand redo the engine and internals and get an increase of 275 or more whp

Okay. So what are the details of a NA motor with 625 crank hp - for less than 5 grand. Any dyno sheets?

I'd say at the crank, plausible.  At the wheels, nearly impossible unless you found someone nearly giving stuff away.  I guess you could add a few things then do a 150 shot.  That may get you close.  Assuming a 20% loss to the wheels, that is.

well for around 5 grand the shop i goto in fl he can have the heads ported and polished new roller rockers and a mild hydraulic cam and some domed pistons to up the compression those #s are very reachable..... i dont see why most go with the quick supercharger or turbo for around 5 grand when all you get at best is round 130whp and i can take same 5 grand redo the engine and internals and get an increase of 275 or more whp

Okay. So what are the details of a NA motor with 625 crank hp - for less than 5 grand. Any dyno sheets?

i'd like to see this also.

Compression isnt going to give you more power than a properly setup turbo or blower. The general formula on the LQ and LS motors usually only give what 15-20rwhp per point of compression if you're lucky?

Not saying you can't make great power N/A because its obviously been done but you will hit a wall and now the only thing you can do is add nitrous. LOL

im not saying that specifically im just saying 500whp is very possible for around 5 grand you can have the block blueprinted and balanced, the heads ported and polished, bore out the block and run dome pistons and have the deck shaved and the heads milled and stroke the crank to run around 11:1 compression on 93 octane all done for around 5 grand

im not saying that specifically im just saying 500whp is very possible for around 5 grand you can have the block blueprinted and balanced, the heads ported and polished, bore out the block and run dome pistons and have the deck shaved and the heads milled and stroke the crank to run around 11:1 compression on 93 octane all done for around 5 grand

Mine is blueprinted and balanced, stgIII heads that flow well over 320cfm, .040" over pistons (410ci), and run 11.3:1CR on 93 octane and less than $5k spent. But, unlike some with stroker builds, I doubt I have 600+hp at the crank. Firmly in the 500 mark, maybe. I think what you're saying will get you close, but not quite there IMO. Maybe I am more into actual numbers than those that come on here and claim they have something without proof to show it.

Mine is blueprinted and balanced, stgIII heads that flow well over 320cfm, .040" over pistons (410ci), and run 11.3:1CR on 93 octane and less than $5k spent. But, unlike some with stroker builds, I doubt I have 600+hp at the crank. Firmly in the 500 mark, maybe. I think what you're saying will get you close, but not quite there IMO. Maybe I am more into actual numbers than those that come on here and claim they have something without proof to show it.

i hear what your saying and your right but that will get him closer to the 500whp mark than a 5 thousand dollar blower and actually if he has money later a blower on a motor setup like that will put out some sick #s

Archived