smoked a 2003 ford mustang GT

SSminneapolis

Anyway, I raced numerous '03 mustangs and have yet to see a "stock" GT run any better than 14.8.  That number was done with ET street tires, power shifting and some weight reductions.  The automatic GT's have a real hard time going below 15.2 without mods. 

5.0 Mustang magazine published a test in their December issue last year ("The Real World" Pages 60 - 66) of what they were able to achieve with a stock '02 GT. Their results looked like this:

14.986 @ 94.47

14.557 @ 97.09

14.684 @ 96.42

14.450 @ 97.82

14.218 @ 98.06

They stated "That was for this car in bone-stock trim on this night"

Heres a link to MM&FFs results

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/feat...5mmff_shootout/

2001 GT vs. GT350

Track Test

2001 GT 1966 GT3501.

14.43/97.09 15.06/93.552.

14.09/98.18 14.99/93.303.

14.06/98.33 14.92/94.334.

13.97/99.02 14.87/93.865.

13.90/98.77 14.87/94.13

Heres the post on stangnet where i got my info

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?...f+stock+mustang

Believe what you want,but in my opinion the SSS is evanly matched with an auto GT or a manual with a bad driver.

The thing with magazines is that they run the car/trucks with professional drivers and usually in ideal conditions. Most of what you read can only be said to be the best possible performance of the vehicle.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
poor guy still had the dealer plates on the car...and a lil left over goo from the window sticker...got a good launch on him...about 3 car lengths and then from there left him in the dust...plenty of power left to beat him with the A/C running and the 1000 watt stereo cranked so that i didn't have to hear him wine when he caught up at the next light...still have to prove myself to the corba though...had one a few weeks ago neck and neck until we hit about 45 mph..then he just took off on me...no shame in that...just wait till i get my blower...

Don't expect that to happen with every GT you run into, even if its stock. I'd say the only reason you won was because the guy couldn't drive.

:nono: don't get to cocky..these trucks are 15 second trucks and I have yet to see anyone post a faster time stock. With a poor launch a 4.6 stang could easily run a mid 15 sec 1/4 mile. But I don't think you'd be pulling away from him :wtf:

about the times from the comparison with the GT350,  if this is the article im thinking of, they used slicks on their runs so those times make pretty good sense to me. Its amazing what slicks can do for just about any car

I provided a link to the arcticle in the post and it says nothing about slicks on the GT.Plus a link to a page full of stangnet members claming similar times.

my 86 gt would run 14.40 with no burning smoking the tire in 1st & 2nd like a 2.5 60' time at Bakersfield I couldn't get it to hook up bad pinion angle & tires

Darren

its the older one's that are lighter 5.0s

• 1 month later...
I don't know about the LS engines, but the mod motors (the ford 4.6 and 5.4 especially) really add power after break in. About 4 - 5k miles my 5.4 just "woke up"... It's weird.

Do the LS engines act the same way?

Either way, glad you enjoyed the run! That's what it's all about is having fun!

My Z06 after 4000 miles had a bit more kick. No Mod then.

:thumbs:

Archived