SS supercharged Cobalt VS. SSS

cadillacbob22

What are the odds?...Just installed my PCM4less PCM...and 160 stat...Went driving around for no aparent reason...just was sitting at a light on a 4 lane wide road and a little 'zippy' Colbalt ss pulls up next to me...Kind of a nice little zippy thing I am thinking, until the light turns green...We take off together...I start to hear his tires squeelin'...and supercharger whinning...So I mash it!!!...LOL

WOW that little thing was quick...I pulled ahead of him by 1 length at 40 ...heard him rowing the gears and spinning tires good, but there was no way he was gonna beat me...The SSS just kept pulling away slowly...I had 2 lengths on him by 80 mph...It was all over but the shouting by then, so I lifted and started slowing down...Those little things really go!!1...If he had a few mods like me, it may have been close!!!

• 3 weeks later...
How come thats the car you would go with ? I would have to say a wrx-sti or even...i know im not supposed to say it, and SRT-8 with one of those nice stage3 upgrades  :banghead:  :banghead: ....... Or even a Lancer EVO I think looks better and has more HPs.....cmon now !

JK

:sigh: I'm not a GM bigot. And yes the EVO deserves it's respect, a lot of it. The SRT-8 to me is not a ricer, we had a silver Charger SRT-8 at our National Finals in OKC this year and I just loved that car, very seductive. But in this class of automobile I'm thinking more the SRT-4 and that car just does not impress me. I think there is a hell of a lot of potential in the Ecotec - and I don't think that's misplaced, the Cobalt whipped their asses in its debut racing season and a Roush Cobalt just ran 243+ mph at Bonneville. Getting 800hp out of 123 cu. in. is god-damned impressive to me.

Mr. P.

I didn't even know they even made cars other than Chevrolets....I am I guess what you would call brand loyal. I wouldn't send one penny to Japan if I can help from it. Before you start on: they're made here, GM parts are made there etc. I don't care. Lancer - Smancer , I think they are butt ugly and I'd take a Cobalt SS any day, if it weren't against my religion to drive anything but a V-8!! :jester: Later

Dave

...if it weren't against my religion to drive anything but a V-8!! ...
You and I go to the same church :lol:

Mr. P. :)

:banghead::banghead: Yes Yes my bad, i meant the SRT-4, i know the SRT-8 is NOT a ricer, I would love to have one of those cars.....but what about the WRX-STI Mister P ??? You think stock for stock an Sti and a CobaltSS would be close ?

JK

Archived