ET HEADS

I would flow them - just to see. Surprised to see the TEA heads flowed better than what the ET website says. I would have thought a little higher. I guess they're all pretty close when you get into the stg III head.

Unless you get them 255s. That's some flow.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you guys think that 225cc port volume is to big?  I was thinking that the 215cc would work better for my application.  What do you guys think?

i would get the 215's for your application.

THey will be flowed b/f they go on the truck. I had a set from a company that I am not going to name with a flow sheet that was 40 higher than what they flowed on our bench. I will let you know if they are right with their #s.

ET claims there's a 6-8 week waiting list b/c of the hurricane problem, but i heard from it's because their 1st set of castings was bad and the 2nd set is being made right now.  So if your planning on ordering them get it in quick.

I did not say the hurricane is the reason for our 6-8 week wait. We did have trouble getting parts for some time during the hurricane. Currently we have caught up on orders that where placed before December. We are waiting on castings which will be here in 1-2 weeks. Once we get castings we can begin machining heads. They are machined in the order they are received and we have a lot of orders. I don't know where you heard that our first batch was 'bad', but I assure you that they are fine. We did get a lot of leakers in the first batch, but those where all pressure checked and replaced.

ET claims there's a 6-8 week waiting list b/c of the hurricane problem, but i heard from it's because their 1st set of castings was bad and the 2nd set is being made right now.  So if your planning on ordering them get it in quick.

I did not say the hurricane is the reason for our 6-8 week wait. We did have trouble getting parts for some time during the hurricane. Currently we have caught up on orders that where placed before December. We are waiting on castings which will be here in 1-2 weeks. Once we get castings we can begin machining heads. They are machined in the order they are received and we have a lot of orders. I don't know where you heard that our first batch was 'bad', but I assure you that they are fine. We did get a lot of leakers in the first batch, but those where all pressure checked and replaced.

if they were leakers, they were bad then. not fine.

if they were leakers, they were bad then. not fine.

Maybe you are not understanding here. We did not send out ANY bad heads. We found all of the leakers before they where finished machining. ANY cylinder head manufacturer when releasing a new casting will have problem with metal foundries getting all of the porosity out of the aluminum. We are no different then AFR. AFR always gets several heads that fail pressure checking. There is no way around it in this line of work.

Well I dont know about having the heads built that was ordered in nov. since I dont have mine yet. What size push rods do you use with the 11 degree 225 heads. "Currently we have caught up on orders that where placed before December"

Well I dont know about having the heads built that was ordered in nov. since I dont have mine yet.  What size push rods do you use with the 11 degree 225 heads.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    "Currently we have caught up on orders that where placed before December"

I just found your order sheet and it was written up for 11/23. So I was mistaken, we do have 2 orders that where placed slightly before December that we have not finished. We ran out of casting before we got to your order. Good news is that we will have castings back from heat-treating hopefully by the end of next week. Did you want to know pushrod size or length? As far as size goes, all of our heads have clearance for up to a 3/8" pushrod, which is what I would recommend in most heavy-duty applications. As far as length goes, I would always check this because it will vary from one application to another based on deck thickness, gasket thickness, and camshaft design/profile.

Well I dont know about having the heads built that was ordered in nov. since I dont have mine yet.  What size push rods do you use with the 11 degree 225 heads.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    "Currently we have caught up on orders that where placed before December"

once you get the heads on your truck you'll have to to take measurements and have custom sized push rods made since the rockers will have to been mounted on the custom stand specific for the heads you ordered

Are you changing rockers/lifters? I would recommend going to Crane Race Gold 1.7s with CompR lifters. The Crane rockers have what they call their quick-lift technology. The rocker starts at 1.7 and will actually vary up to 1.78 (roughly) in the beginning of its lift and get closer to 1.7 as it reaches peak lift. It creates no p/v clearance issues. The CompR lifters are awesome and very quiet.

Just a suggestion. I went through one other set of lifters and 3 different sets of rockers before finding something that worked for me and didn't require much modification.

• 1 month later...

Archived