anyone have a H/C package yet??

383ss

I have a good cam I will install soon and will probably finish my heads in a couple of months. I haven't decided whether I want to keep stock valves, or use aftermarket ones in them.

I've been thinking really hard about getting a Radix, but I think I can more power with a good heads cam package and some nitrous. I have reservations with running boost on a 10:1 compression motor. But, I sure would like to do away with the bottle.

I like this idea better myself too. H/C wouldn't be affected by the hot humid weather as much either. Just not quite the same bang for the buck though :cry:

exactly and it's not being like ford!!!!

I wouldn't say it's not the same bang for the buck though. it's damn close!!!

a good h/c package will run you about 3k installed and with bolton's, will push 420-450 rwhp on an f-body (346 cid) with the added cubes of a 6.0L and ability to unshroud the valves with the bigger bore of 4" you should be getting more like 430-460, or whatever that would equate to on a silverado. I would guess high 13's with a good package, all the bolt-on's and a converter.

plus you'd be N/A :flag: AND more relialbe, WHY would you want a supercharger???? :puke:

Im getting the S/C because im gonna do a cam later as well :D

I was going to keep the truck N/A but there is too much of a limitation i think. I dont really want NOS so I am really limiting myself with a N/A motor. If i was planning on stroking it then it would have some real potential. But Id rather have my blower and a heads and cam package, best of both worlds.

and if i blow it up, slap some lower compression pistons in there and turn up the boost. the D1SC wont have problems keeping up :cheers:

...Emissions. Many people just want a emissions legal bolt on that will give proven results. Yes, a cam and heads can be emissions legal but only to a limit. If you want serious power, a lumpy cam and heavily ported heads WILL be equal to or more the blower. BTW, I prefer the H/C option. :cool: I feel that with the bolt-ons I have done already and mildly ported heads / mild emissions legal cam, High 13's will be easy.

the supercharger offers easier bolt on for the average guy as well as better driveability. another advantage is the added torque a supercharger gives where as a cam can give more torque but for the most part only in the upper range. if there is one thing this truck needs more is cubic inches as well as rpm.

ZIPPY is right. Just sold my Z28 making 430rwhp with heads & cam stock 346ci.

H/C would easy make the same power (~500) with this motor, but you would move the power towards the top of the power band. Big Heads, Big cam, big converter and go drag racing, perfect. But I bet a lot of people bought the SS to be more versatile, do some truck stuff, as well as go fast. The sc would keep all the driveability and make big power. Of course maybe I'm just gettin old.

those are some good points guys. I didn't factor in emissions ( doesn't apply in my state ) or the low end torque issue.

I think I would still go with H/C, just suite it more to a broad power range so you could still have a versitile truck.

just more friendly than a S/C IMO.

as long as you don't go extreme, you shouldn't loose too much mpg... maybe 1-2??? just guessing compared with my f-body experience. hell, my H/C stroked LS1 can still get around 24 mpg on a road trip, it's rated at 27 or 28 from the factory.

Archived