Thinking of mods

VHO_Tek

First off love my Sierra B4V. I mean LOVE it. The one small appearance problem I have with it though is the door handle trim and tailgate handle. I want to change them for the paint match ones like on the SSS. I look at that wonderful Carbon Metallic exterior and it just looks weird to see those "grey" plastic handles on it. Thoughts? Should be as simple as getting the SSS trim and handles and paint match and install correct? For the purist out there, no this won't be the first mod, that is reserved for the Magnaflow's. :driving:

Welcome to the site :chevy: I couldn't agree more, paint-matched handles are a *must*, we pay too much $$$ to have plastic door handles. I'm thinking of getting the Denali interior handles too. Doesn't GM already make pre-painted exterior handles?

Mr. P. :)

First off love my Sierra B4V. I mean LOVE it. The one small appearance problem I have with it though is the door handle trim and tailgate handle. I want to change them for the paint match ones like on the SSS. I look at that wonderful Carbon Metallic exterior and it just looks weird to see those "grey" plastic handles on it. Thoughts? Should be as simple as getting the SSS trim and handles and paint match and install correct? For the purist out there, no this won't be the first mod, that is reserved for the Magnaflow's.  :driving:

that's a piece of cake. gm makes the handles you need.

Denali's have the painted door handles and trim correct? Should be able to find that in Carbon Metallic.

:withstupid: You will need to get the tailgate handle painted

Kewl, time to call the "buddy with the bodyshop" and locate the paint code. Thanks all, feels like home.

Denali's have the painted door handles and trim correct? Should be able to find that in Carbon Metallic.

:withstupid: You will need to get the tailgate handle painted

Kewl, time to call the "buddy with the bodyshop" and locate the paint code. Thanks all, feels like home.

the paint code is 805K I bought a set from Zippy a few months ago and they match perfectly!

the paint code is 805K I bought a set from Zippy a few months ago and they match perfectly!

Sweet, and the truck looks nice too. Whats a ballpark on the pair of handles and trim?

Trim meaning??? I bought the handles and I think they were around $75 for both right and left. I didn't buy the tailgate handle because I had already shaved that!

Sweet, and the truck looks nice too. Whats a ballpark on the pair of handles and trim?

Trim meaning??? I bought the handles and I think they were around $75 for both right and left. I didn't buy the tailgate handle because I had already shaved that!

Thanks. Sorry should have been a little more clear, the "trim" piece around the door handle, guess it's part of the handle really. The scratch guard I guess it's called, I would have thought GM would charge lots more for the assembly. On the tailgate I'm still thinking of which way to go, paint the latch handle, or shave and move inside the bed. Either way will look loads better than the way it came from the factory.

Thanks. Sorry should have been a little more clear, the "trim" piece around the door handle, guess it's part of the handle really. The scratch guard I guess it's called, I would have thought GM would charge lots more for the assembly. On the tailgate I'm still thinking of which way to go, paint the latch handle, or shave and move inside the bed. Either way will look loads better than the way it came from the factory.

The door handles are all on assembly and i'm sure the tailgate handle comes all together.

Archived