Planning a Drop

Silvsteve

I called Ground Force yesterday and talked to Dan.  He says the hardware is all ready, but that the paperwork will not be ready for 2-3 weeks in order to ship the kits (Kit #9971).  Price not yet available.

Got this in an e-mail after I asked about the price and parts:

Torsion keys, shocks, bump stops in several locations, extra long shackle. Retail around 300.00

Not bad... Not bad at all.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just wondering if you think the keys will be sold seperatly. i like the look of ctrows truck so i would like to buy 2 inch shackles and then get the keys for the front and crank them up just a tad for like a 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 drop. i know that sounds crazy but i just whant to close up the gap in the wheelwells a little. i've drivin a truck with a 4/6 drop for the last 5 years and i'm done with being that low. :thumbs::chevy:

what is ground force doing about the transmission crossmember that everyone is having issues with clearence? i am interested and was going to just modify the crossmember but if ground force has cam up with something different i would be interested.....

Woohoo I got it lowered. So far it has only cost 55 bucks to have the shackles shipped to me. Which BTW is all I have pictures of (so far):

32223452.jpg

The rear dropped almost 2 inches and I cranked the torsion bars about 7 times for an inch and half up front. I think it looks sweet. I will have pics as soon as the sun comes up. Gotta get an alignment first thing in the morning. I'll let everyone know what kind of problems I run into if any.

Actually I lied. I have another picture. Here is a bat that was getting some shade under my back window.

32463675.jpg

Same question I ask everyone, Steve - how does it ride now? I want to do that too but I think this baby rides hard enough now. I don't want to do anything that will make it worse (even at the cost of better looks).

Same question I ask everyone, Steve - how does it ride now? I want to do that too but I think this baby rides hard enough now. I don't want to do anything that will make it worse (even at the cost of better looks).

Leaving now for the alignment. After that I'll go find some back roads and let ya know!

i have seen the question of voiding the warrenty come up several time but havent heard a reply. just wondering if i missed it or if it was in another section. thanks in advance.

Voiding your warranty with a lowering kit? That shouldn’t void your warranty, but if you take the truck into the dealer for your one time only free alignment under warranty they may have an issue with that, if they are anal about it.

Rides softer I guess. Kinda bouncey in the front now. Gotta do some research to see what I need to get it back to normal. It's not too bad I just liked it better before. Any ideas? Maybe torsion keys.. That is what they are supposed to do.. lower the front without softening it.

Archived