Planning a Drop

Silvsteve

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an FYI, I took it into the dealership after lowering and they would not align it because it was not within factory specs. However, it wasn't the dealership I bought it from either.

I think I mentioned it somewhere else but since it was brought up again earlier, thought I'd mention it again.

Just got mine lowered. 1 1/2" all the way around. I took off the rear spare and the hitch, which brought the back up a little. Seems to drive fine with no vibration so far. I parked it next to a stock SS, it's deffinetly lower and noticable. It all so kept a nice rack angle to it.

Total cost, no work on my part at all, $135. :D Well worth it.

Guys, I'm working on it OK!!!! I need to get a digital camera to take some pics, otherwise the SS would be up buy now. BTW, looks just like Silvsteves pics, only Red.

I lowered the truck using BellTech's 2" shackel. Turned the torsion bar in front. Re-aligned to SS specs. Trimed the front bump stops. That's all. I had my vette tech do it for a grand total of $135.

m396, you didn't have to shim the rear at all? How's the front feel with the torsion bars turned down?

No, I didn't shim. The front does feel a little different, but I couldn't really explain how so. I actually like it better, maybe feels more planted with less sway. Now, if only the rear was the same way.

BTW, GroundForce said to stay away from rear swaybars because the SS already has a tight rear-end!?? I'm still thinking about this one. :confused:

m396, No vibration??

I'm noticing that most people who didn't shim don't have vibration and those that did have some,hmmmm... Also, the groundforce kit does not include shims.

Again, so far, no vibration and I didn't shim. Lowered with the BellTech 2" shackels. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a better pic of my drop so you can see just how much I dropped it.  No more sliding out of the seat!

32700501.jpg

SilvSteve,

By the time the mods are done, I am going to owe you big time. That lowering job looks fantastic. One of these days, I gotta get up to the north side of town and see it... imitation is the fondest form of flattery. :)

Archived