Planning a Drop

Silvsteve

doing the keys is a snap with the right tool it looks like a c clamp i have changed mine in 30 min or less using air tools add about 15 min with hand tools

the only thing i can say is you will have to mod the front bump and mite or should use a firmer shock madde for lowered set up. I think I will try the ground control set up I tried the beltech keys and shackels and was not to happy it slammed the bump stops hard so may be the shockes are what I need.

Darren

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did you do about the rear pinion shims? And how bouncy was it. Turning the BArs down seems a lot easier than doing the keys.

It's not really bouncy. It's just instead hitting a bump and feeling it like I used to, now it hits a bump and kinda makes a slow rock. It's hard to explain. Some would probably like the ride better. It is more like a suburban now in my opionion. It's like I lost some of the sporty feel.

Someone did I really good walkthrough on replacing keys at http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum, I can't find it right now because their search engine is down.

About the shims... I haven't installed any yet. I didn't see a big change in angle (with a protractor and some string :)). I am not real clear what kind of symptons to look for. But I talked to ctrow and he is looking for a 6 degree.. so I might just get one. They are only 7 bucks.

rico my friend has the tool, as he has a fabs lift kits for 4x4s you mite be able to get one at autozone or its a pain but before the tool he would use a C clamp but sasid that was much harder to do.

as for changing them the instructions are fairly easy that come with the keys

you will have to cut down your front bump stops

the keys hsve a little hole next to the adjusting bolt thats for the tool and on the top of the crosmember there is a hole fotr the tool this keeps it from slipping out under pressure

Darren

Drop update... It needs some work. A little too bouncy and I have noticed a vibration twice. Just like what ctrow was describing. Might have to break down and get this groundforce kit. Can't expect too much from a $55 drop :). I just want more details on what is in the kit. What kind of shocks, keys.. etc..

Hey Bad SS, where are those pics man?

Archived