update on twin turbo setup

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah actually i do.. we did fire the truck up this week for the first time in 3 months.. started and ran great!! we found that we needed to put a oil scanvenge pump on to return oil to the motor. we started it up open turbos and blew oil out the back of them.. the pump is getting installed tommorow. then it is off to exhaust. all the heat shields are installed brackets that hold the oil lines computer and such are installed.. sorry i havent gotten back with you guys to let you know whats up. i had emergency surgery christmas eve and that is what has somewhat held us up.. look forward to driving it real soon!! zippy is coming out next saturday to give it a tune..

You posted that the two turbo lines (feed and drain) go too a sandwich adapter. This will not work, the return lines need to go to the pan above the oil level. If it is hooked up to the pan a evac pump will not be needed.

Turbo kit looks cool!

Kurt

yeah actually i do.. we did fire the truck up this week for the first time in 3 months.. started and ran great!! we found that we needed to put a oil scanvenge pump on to return oil to the motor. we started it up open turbos and blew oil out the back of them.. the pump is getting installed tommorow. then it is off to exhaust. all the heat shields are installed brackets that hold the oil lines computer and such are installed.. sorry i havent gotten back with you guys to let you know whats up. i had emergency surgery christmas eve and that is what has somewhat held us up.. look forward to driving it real soon!! zippy is coming out next saturday to give it a tune..

Boooo.. you can have my sss for the winter if you install my Cam and tune it!! LOL    Can't wait to see the outcome guys!!!  Looks Sweet!!

just drop it off. i'll get'r done.

I'll bet we get a good update if they get some tuning done today.:)

no tuning yet, van broke down on me.

we were just talking about the race van :(

still getting the 9c1 caprice?

Boooo.. you can have my sss for the winter if you install my Cam and tune it!! LOL    Can't wait to see the outcome guys!!!  Looks Sweet!!

just drop it off. i'll get'r done.

might be the only person who is worth it to trust your SSS with and you know when you get it back it is going to be all right.

hopefully this is the final update before i come back and say the truck is up and running for good.. zippy is coming out this weekend to our shop and getting some tuning done on the truck once he does that i am sure he will chime in with what he thinks about it.. i will then have some video or sound clips for you guys.. thanks for your patience..

Archived