twin turbo Cummins Dodge KILL

GIjay

After takeing some advice from other members in the forum I decided to upgrade my tranny and get a new tune. At the time I had just put around 2k miles on the Radix with no other upgrades and 1st-2ed was slipping.

Anyways I called the guy and ask him to set up an appointment. After telling him my setup he told me to come on down and would hook me up. I was kinda nervous about it when I pulled up... No signs kinda looked like a average joe garage with a few Dodge Diesels out front. Until I opened the door and see an unbelivable 69 Camaro getting the final hoses and such hooked up... I would go into details... lets just say it was Chip Foose style... Twin turbo LS1...

After I picked my jaw back up. We got in my truck (wife had to come see what cost $300 :pop: ) and started. Ran it a few times and other than lacking a few Tranny problems, he said that I needed a CAI... bad...(next upgrade). I mentioned that I was wanting some Vett servos. Just so happened he had some in his garage at home he was willing to give me. :cool: (Very nice guy and turned out to know my dad.)

He started telling me about his truck. It was 05 Dodge Cummins with Twin turbos pushing about 650hp 800ish? lb. asked me if I would race :devil: . We had to get on a low traffic 4 lane highway. He told me he wouldn't win just wanted to see how close he would come and to let him warm it up alittle before we went.

I was crazy excited!! after a few miles down the road I see him puff out a plume of black smoke. I got beside him and we where slowing down... no traffic ahead of us just 1 Dodge behind me :D I figured he would like to see the show anyways. So we slowed down to about 30-45ish wife in the other seat holding the O shit bars. (I told him I would let him jump first before we left).

He punches it! I reacted about as fast as I could and completly smoked his ass!!! :cheers:

Slowed down once I hit 100. Had about 2 maybe 3 truck lengths on him.

HE WANTED MORE!!! :devil: I did feel alittle bad for jumping so fast the first time and decided to give his turbos a truck lenght on me this time. :sigh: But, he made the mistake of slowing down to 25...(other Dodge was still watching right on my ass.. I could see him grinning from ear to ear). He jumped and I waited a few and smoked him again...

To give him some credit he did start to get close to me once I hit 110. Close as in 2 truck lengths.

Got to his house and he installed and made sure it was good before I left. On the way home the wife asked me if I was going to start putting X's on the side of the truck for the kills.. :lol:

My first Kill! X

Justin

Right on!  What kind of dodge, crew cab or ext cab?

Mr. P. :)

ext cab, it was a sweet setup...

sounds like for being a twin turbo setup he's not running all that fast. odd.  :confused:

congrats on the win though.

I'm not exactly sure but, I think he said he was running 42lb of boost?? Also he said he would have caught me if I would have kept going. Don't quote me yet... I'll ask him tomorrow for better details and pics.

650/800ish...the tq seems really low...my buddy has a '97 ram ext lb 4x4 and he has had it dynoed at 400ish hp and 900ish tq...if I can get his vid of the dyno run I'll post it along with a pic of his dyno sheet. All that I know that was done to his truck is turbo upgrade, heat exchanger ugrade and 5" down pipe with 5" straight out...no muffler

Archived