vortec MAX 6.2 and the vortec 6.0

orlando

"... a new 6.2L all-aluminum V-8 engine with variable valve timing technology delivering 403 horsepower and 417 lb-ft of torque"

2007 Cadillac Escalade

http://www.sportruck.com/news/2007-cadilla...Information.htm

Hmmm...which would be the better tuner/mod engine?...The LS2 coming in the TBSS or the new 6.2? Any opinions? I'll guess the LS2 for awhile, being that it's been out a year or two? Just wondering which one would be cheaper/easier to get modest gains from?

• 3 weeks later...
the 6.2L should just be a bigger version of the LS2. the mods should interchange.

Maybe; but tuning will take on a whole new meaning when you also have to program the VVT and DOD systems. Expect all new tuning software, these engines may be like the Dodge Hemi (lack of available tuning software).

Mr. P. :)

actuall to be techinical, 1 litre is equal to 61.02376 cubic inches. all in all though, our engines are not actually 6.0 litres. it is the same with the old ford mustangs. the notorious 5.0 is actually a 4.9488 litre engine. good old physics i guess i did learn something in collage. our engines are actually 5.9648 litres and the 6.2 is actually 6.1615 if the 376 number is correct. zippy's bore and stroke calculation is actually the best way to decifer what an engine actually is. that would be pi multiplied by radius squared multplied by stroke.

I don't know if you noticed But, it will be harder to work on the engine as it's push in like the engines on vans let's try to put a radix on it  http://www.sportruck.com/news/2007-cadillac-escalade/10.jpg

That's really not much different than my 05' with the factory e fans, it just doesn't look like it sticks out as much, but mabey the picture is decieving??? and I agree, I haven't ever been impressed by any vehicle salesperson on the knowledge of the products their selling. Most of them seem to have limited or no idea how a vehilce works or what it really does. much less what's coming out next....ok I'm done ranting.. :chevy:

• 2 weeks later...
the 6.2L should just be a bigger version of the LS2. the mods should interchange.

the internals will interchange, but the heads and intake are different. they use a square port instead of the rectangular of the LS2. the head design is completely new. its a lot like the LS7 head.

the front cover is also different since the VVT is basically extended out from the camshaft. therefore the water pump is also different.

1 liter = 1000 cc's (cm^3)----2.54 cm = 1 inch

6.0 L x  1000 cm^3/1 L X ((1 in )^3)/((2.54 cm))^3 = in^3

note 2.54 ^3 = 16.387

so 6 * 1000 / 16.387 = 366.14 cu in

so 61.024

this formula would work if something work exactly to the 1000cc's. i use the bore-stroke formula to figure out cubic inches.

Archived