vortec MAX 6.2 and the vortec 6.0

orlando

According to the December Automobile Magazine the engine lineup for the new full size SUV's is as follows:

4.8l, 290-hp, iron block

5.3l, 320-hp, iron block

5.3l, 320-hp, aluminum block

6.0l, 350-hp, iron block, vvt

6.0l, 355-hp, aluminum block, vvt

6.2l, 380-hp/400-hp aluminum block, vvt

vvt=variable valve timing

Found out the 6.2 is only going in the vette with 400hp. The max is a 6.0 iron block 350hp with 380tq. It's useing better flowing heads,VVT,32 bit controller,low friction roller rockers,also will have the cylinder deactivation system for better hwy milage. And a list of more but thats what I can remember. So it's a revised 6.0. I wish sales people new what they were :smash: talking about.

"... a new 6.2L all-aluminum V-8 engine with variable valve timing technology delivering 403 horsepower and 417 lb-ft of torque"

2007 Cadillac Escalade

Sign me up for a RCSB with that in it  :thumbs:

http://www.sportruck.com/news/2007-cadilla...Information.htm

What size is the 6.2 in cubic inches .

Found out the 6.2 is only going in the vette with 400hp. The max is a 6.0 iron block 350hp with 380tq. It's useing better flowing heads,VVT,32 bit controller,low friction roller rockers,also will have the cylinder deactivation system for better hwy milage. And a list of more but thats what I can remember. So it's a revised 6.0. I wish sales people new what they were :smash:  talking about.

"Sales people" and "product knowledge" are two phrases that should not be used together in a sentence. They know numbers real good, and how to confuse you with BS... but product knowledge? :crackup: I have met very few sales people who took an interest in that.

What size is the 6.2 in cubic inches .

cubic inches is dead

... all right fine :D

the 6.0L is 364 ci so I figure the 6.2L is about 376 ci

i looked up the bore and stroke and figured out the cubes. 376 is correct. good guess man. :thumbs:

Archived