ZO6 ls7?

superbigfo

Well I started to think about it and the thought of putting the new 06 corvette ZO6 Ls7 engine in my truck is rather appealing... I understand that its not just going to bolt on or anything but it is even plausable? What all would I need? I think it would be :cool: to have a SS 427. Also, atleast on the corvette which is MUCH lighter, it gets 26mpg and doesnt get the gasguzzle tax. Anyways just somehting that has been going around in my head. Thanks for any help.

ive also thought about this, but think about it ,the crate motor is 12k + . you could build yor own 427 for much cheaper than that. That gas mileag wouldnt translate as well with a heavy ass truck! You could alwyas be the first ls7 ss though! :ughdance:

I wouldnt advise the LS7 either. GM is still testing the limits of this engine and they are blowing them up by the hundreds. I have LS7 intakes and heads sitting around our shop straight from GM that had blown up on their dynos. (in stock form) It would be much easier and cheaper to buy an LS2 short block and start with that.... Good luck though, great idea... Anyone else thinking twin turbo 427 Silverado SS AWD? Thats my plan...

if your going to spend some cash how about a 502 ram jet! :cheers:

502 RamJet? Can you say crap? Personally I think it is way over priced for what it is capable of. You can build your own engine smaller in cubes and make much more than 500hp N/A. Even my 432 (427 +.030) in my camaro puts out over 600 hp on pump gas. Just my thoughts....

I wouldnt advise the LS7 either.  GM is still testing the limits of this engine and they are blowing them up by the hundreds.  I have LS7 intakes and heads sitting around our shop straight from GM that had blown up on their dynos. (in stock form)  It would be much easier and cheaper to buy an LS2 short block and start with that....  Good luck though, great idea...  Anyone else thinking twin turbo 427 Silverado SS AWD?  Thats my plan...

Well, I'm thinking more a 434... "Go Large, or Go Home" I say. :D

Mr. P. :)

if your going to spend some cash how about a 502 ram jet! :cheers:

502 RamJet? Can you say crap? Personally I think it is way over priced for what it is capable of. You can build your own engine smaller in cubes and make much more than 500hp N/A. Even my 432 (427 +.030) in my camaro puts out over 600 hp on pump gas. Just my thoughts....

:withstupid: I would have to second that. For the $$$ the GM 502 offerings are kinda tame.

the LS7 is more than durable enough for the intended use. when GM is doing durability testing it's straight up abuse. i remember when they were building the gen III originally. they were running test of it under load at 6200rpm for 24hours. they also would take a corvette, fill it with fuel, and run it wide open around a test track all they way until it ran out of fuel. that's GM's durability testing. just buy the Z06, you'll be fine.

... they also would take a corvette, fill it with fuel, and run it wide open around a test track all they way until it ran out of fuel. ...

:sigh: My dream job....

not as fun a ride...but they were showing a guy on TV that helps put down rubber at Texas Motor Speedway the other day. Before the race he drives round and round day after day in an QCSB pulling a special trailer around with a bunch of wheels/tires trying to lay down some rubber...with the cruise set at 90.

I thought... that's not bad...driving around a race track all day... at well over the legal limit. Then he said what he listens to all day....WBAP. :yellow_loser::lol:

Archived