twin turbos anyone??

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
at first we are going to go mild.. starting out with only 6lbs of boost and working from there..  after this is finished i am going to baby it through the winter (as much as possible) stern words already mentioned about this from brett lol..  and get some tranny work done. that is a must..  from there the sky will be the limit..  once we see all the bugs are worked out of the kit, like heat shields and making sure the manifolds are holding up and such.. i think this kit will be available for anyone..

How about this tranny??

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...topic=14393&hl=

That is absolutely badass! I was thinking about going the Detroit Speedworks route...after seeing this I might have changed my mind. If I am running the heat and lag of one turbo why not add another???

One question. What kind of numbers are you expecting? I saw the rating of around 400 horse each turbo, but seriously, what kind of turn over are you wanting. I am still planning on driving this almost everyday...1200hp isn't exactly streetable in rush hour traffic.

I know you are still working on the project so you may not have all these answers yet, but what expectations do you have about street maners and HP and TQ numbers?

We are hoping for our base kit (6 psi) to put the stock truck into the 12's with ease. That is our main goal along with making the truck 100% streetable and dependable. We plan on waiting to bump up the boost to 9psi in the spring since this truck is a daily driven vehicle and will be driven all winter long. We went with these turbos so a turbo upgrade wont be needed until you try to get more than 18 psi out of the kit. The boost level will be completely adjustable with our under hood boost controller so there will be no extra expenses when you decide to turn it up other than fuel system which is standard with all the other kits.

That looks to be a badass setup. :thumbs:

A little skeptical in the hopes for 12s on 6psi, but if you proved me wrong that would be okay. If boost is boost, then I know it can't be done - at least not on the stock cam. However, if it makes that much difference over how it is delivered, then I guess we'll see.

I would be looking for a cam that would be best suited for turbo application vs the stock cam. A properly selected cam and 6psi may get you pretty close.

Honestly, I think it's full potential would be on something with some forged internals, not necessarily a 408, but that would certainly do. I don't see the stock motor taking a 15psi run, if 6psi gets you in the 12s.

I have to look at your list again, but did you have a new fuel pump to go with it, at least?

IMO the turbos should be approx. as big as my friend Troy's head... like so...

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

this should be/sounds like a bad ass kit.... INCLUDE ALL BOLTS AND FASTENERS!! in stainless!!!!!

post-6154-1131510706_thumb.jpg

• 10 years later...

Archived