How to Install a cam

Bowtie70SS

Here is the link to Chevy Hi Performance where they installed a cam in project Red Dog. It is complete instructions, plus if you do a litytle digging they have articles on S/C installs, springs, rockers, etc. Hope this time it will work! Later

Dave

Cam install article

Ok, maybe the only reason they work for me is because I have the software installed. I thought it was web based...what error message do you get?I wonder if I could use snag-it to copy them and post? I'll work on it

Dave

Ok, maybe the only reason they work for me is because I have the software installed. I thought it was web based...what error message do you get?I wonder if I could use snag-it to copy them and post? I'll work on it

Dave

Just says page is unavailable.

• 2 weeks later...

There is one hint in this how-to I really liked - they loosened the oil-pump pickup tube bolt a couple turns, then tied fishing line around it and tethered the other end to the block before completely removing the bolt; that way if the bolt accidentally fell into the oil pan it could be retrieved. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Not a bad article. The one here, LS1 how to is better though. That article covers a lot of stuff you don't need to do, unless you plan on changing timing chain/oil pump.

Still doesn't make sense to me to do bigger cam with 1.8 rockers. Why not just get the cam cut for your desired lift/duration and use a stock type rocker? An adjustable rocker system is a little above the basic wrenchhead to install properly with correct lash and pre-load. It was just to highlight Vinci products, I guess, since Vinci had so much to do with the Crane rockers.

Archived