TB convertor p#

there is a long thread about the correct part number, I was just reading it cause I am fixing to get one too :D

do a search b/c if you dont the site becomes fill with pointless threads asking the same, already answered questions...

• 2 weeks later...

any one of the numbers will work. there are minor differences in all 3, but not any differences that will be noticed by who ever uses it. i've tried all 3. the one for the 04' seemed to be the loosest and the 05' the tightest. the difference in even them two isn't even enough for the average driver to be able to tell the difference if i switched them between the two. i just try to match the converter choice with the year of the truck or whichever is more available at that point.

any one of the numbers will work. there are minor differences in all 3, but not any differences that will be noticed by who ever uses it. i've tried all 3. the one for the 04' seemed to be the loosest and the 05' the tightest. the difference in even them two isn't even enough for the average driver to be able to tell the difference if i switched them between the two. i just try to match the converter choice with the year of the truck or whichever is more available at that point.

Question. Is the 2006 SS TB converter the same as the I6 converters. Just wondering if the new LS2 powered TB already have a slight tc in them from the factory and you could put a small cam (tr224?) without switching the tc?thanks

unfortunatly i haven't been able to test them yet, but my guess would be that they don't have much stall speed at all from the factory. this is done to keep tire spin to a minimum.

Can anyone find out the stall speed on the TBSS W/ the SS? thannks

you've lost me with that one... :confused:

unfortunatly i haven't been able to test them yet, but my guess would be that they don't have much stall speed at all from the factory. this is done to keep tire spin to a minimum.

Can anyone find out the stall speed on the TBSS W/ the SS? thannks

you've lost me with that one... :confused:

I think he was asking someone to test the TBSS converter on a SSS to see what the stall speed was.

With the LS2 6L pushing more HP/TQ than the LQ9 SSS, the TBSS could actually have a tighter stall than our stock converter and probably won't become an object of our fantasy... :dunno:

Archived